Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Zero stack headset for 44mm headtube……
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

I’ve seen the CK one, but does anyone else know of a 44mm headset, for a tapered fork which is Zerostack?

Cheers for the help!

Ricks

wrecker
    Free Member

Cane creek 40 series or hope.
    I replied to your mail BTW.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Hope pick and mix will have something too. Think it’s top cup 2 bottom cup B. for 1.1/8 steerer you might have to use an external if you are using tapered.

RustyMac

Hope pick n mix 2, H cups
    Nukeproof Warhead 44IETS Headset

passtherizla
    Free Member

Sorry missed the Tapered steerer bit…

The H cup from hope is traditional external cup, not zero stack though.

geetee1972
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure you can’t so zero stack on the bottom of a 44mm tube with a tapered steerer. You need a 56mm lower part for that.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Think geetee has it.

RustyMac

For a tapered steerer to work in a 44mm headtube you need to have an external lower cup, if you do the basic maths it can not work any other way.

nealy
    Free Member

Indeed, zero stack top but need external lower.

Superstar Components do one for £28 that comes with two fork crown races for standard and tapered steerers

http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=539

rickon
    Free Member

False alarm! Some pooface bought the last large sultan frame just as I was getting my card out. FAIL.

m1nt5auce
    Free Member

Hi, I had this very same problem and there is in fact a zero stack headset for running a tapered fork in a 1.5″ headtube. You need an FSA Gravity 2 headset. It uses a sealed bearing up top and very small caged bearings in the lower to allow them to be incorporated within the headtube. It’s not without downsides; it’s pretty heavy and the bearings will wear faster than sealed (I had to replace after 6 months), but a bag of 50 was 3 quid! Hope this helps. http://www.shinybikes.com/gravity-by-fsa-gravity-2-headset-tapered-steerer-130-0020n.html

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Zero stack headset for 44mm headtube……’ is closed to new replies.