Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • yunki and trailmonkey's excellent adventure (lots of pics 'n' stuff)
  • IdleJon

trailmonkey – Member

@olly
    , i started the ride in denbury and yunki started in liverton, with a meeting point at bovey.

Weird. I used to live near Denbury (in 88, at a place called Kellinch Farm – they’d rent out their holiday cottages to students during the winter) and a year or two later actually in Liverton.

After I moved back to Wales I bought my first MTB and joined a club. One of the guys who rode for the club had dated the daughter of the landlord of the Union in Denbury when they were in uni in another part of the country, iirc. A small world.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to a week’s holiday in Devon. I’ll be able to do the boring father bit (‘Look kids, this is where I used to live. Look kids, this is where we used to drink too much beer. Look kids, this is where we…..ad infinitum) And an added bonus is that I’m bringing a bike!!

From memory, I’d think that riding from Bovey up onto the moors is pretty straightforward, if steep, but finding decent ridable stuff is more difficult?

trailmonkey

easy once you know where to look 😉

yes it can be tricky, especially with the bracken covering the trails. we’re finding new stuff all the time.

yunki
    Free Member

I’ve just come back from a quick 90 minute whizz along the Bovey Valley and noticed a tractor determinedly clearing a lot of the bracken from below Yarner carpark..

trailmonkey

tractor tyres affecting anything of ours do you think ?

i’ll give it a – 😯 – just in case.

jam-bo

Went for an explore with sharki this morning round bench tor. The switchbacks down to the river is a cracking run. Anyone tried the track alongside the river out to newbridge, we rode half a mile or so but didn’t have time to go further.

carlphillips
    Free Member

holy thread resurrection!!

did anyone ever get any of this lot sorted..?
    any new trails done?
    I’ve a few days off this coming weekend and monday/tuesday too 🙂 so if anyone fancies exploring anywhere then bell me.

julioflo
    Free Member

Blast from the past indeed.
    I’m finding it tricky to get enough time to meet up with any of you lot at weekends (Part time MA study), but am giving myself Thursday nights as guaranteed regular riding slot. So if anyone wants to show me (and a few mateys) around either some Lustleigh Gnartech or the Dart valley stuff from Bench Tor on Thursday Evenings i’d be very grateful and would show you the Dr.Blackalls Drive single track that you probably all know anyway…

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘yunki and trailmonkey's excellent adventure (lots of pics 'n' stuff)’ is closed to new replies.