Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)
  • Your post-crash pics?
  • beckykirk43
    Free Member

@Becky – wow – look like Skeletor off He-Man !! – Blimey – big injury from a small skin wound – severed you tendon then and they had to go back in again? Heal soon !!!

Yeah, wouldn’t believe it had caused that much damage – its the nerves that were damaged (which they then managed to make worse 👿 )

How long do you have to keep that on for and how on earth are you managing? Do hope you’ll be back on your bike before too long.

That’ll be on until either tendon transfer or until things spontaneously fix (very unlikely but I can hope…), you get used to it, was difficult at first though as its my dominant hand 😛

@Penguinni 😯

Abarthchris
    Free Member

This was mine from Afan in Feb ’09. There was a thread on the crash on here at the time as I had to be airlifted out 🙂

This was my collar bone after this years Sprint DH race whilst out at the mega. I crash a lot 🙂

karen805
    Free Member

A pic of some of my bruises from this years Alps trip, wiped out completely on a fire road of all places, the bruises are from the frame (you can see the one on the left is a bump too) 😥

That was back in July, and I still have the remains of them.

foxyrider
    Free Member

@Abarthchris – flippin eck – my bruise kinda loos pathetic 😯

DezB
    Free Member

penguinni’s pic is flippin horrible. Yeuch.

I_Ache
    Free Member

The only major injury that I had was when I fell off onto a brick when trying to jump my bike. I hit a lip sailed through the air for a few meters landed fell off and landed on my shin on the brick. I ended up being able to see both lower leg bones and all the muscle formation in there and having to have 10 proper stitches. Amazingly I didn’t even tare the tracksuit bottoms I was wearing and when asked by a mate, while walking home, if I was OK and if I had hurt myself I said ‘I think I have grazed my knee’ I pulled my trouser leg up and saw the cut. I collared on the floor and started crying for my Mum. I got carried home and my mate pushed my bike.

Oh this was 20 years ago when I was 10!

Oh and another injury I got was when I hooked the back wheel up landing a double and landed on the saddle hard bent the rails went down on the Tioga DH tyre (while wearing Addidas football shorts) and by balls got sucked in by the tyre inbetween the V brakes which I then had to use to slow down! 😯 I managed to tare my scrotum and hobbled back home in considerable pain. Still hurts sometimes now. That was when I was about 17. It obviously didn’t to any serious damage because I have two children now, but then they are both girls so maybe it did?

I’m afraid I don’t have pics of either.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Sorry – couldn’t resist.

Landed on a bar-end from height, full (considerable) weight and didn’t get hands down. It was in the dark and I didn’t know what was happening. Fortunately, my bar-end plug was in so no core sample taken.

No intra-abdomial injury sustained, just ruptured my rectus sheath and still have quite a large haematoma from the now congealed internal bleed. Oh and a bit of a bruise.

xiphon
    Free Member

The gap…. (not me in photograph… same jump though…. that’s the height I bailed from at speed)

Result of pedalling too quickly after the 5th successful attempt…

Broken ankle, and wrist. Plenty of metal work!

warton
    Free Member

feel a bit of a crybaby after looking at some of these pics, but I hurt my hand….

toonfan
    Free Member

Bloody hell people i don’t think i’ll ride my bike again ;0)

foxyrider
    Free Member

Even with my background I know feel sick 😉

CheesybeanZ

another chain ring leg interface , 8 stitches and a good scrub to get the chain lube and grit out 😳

P20

Minor in the grand scheme of things. I crashed and my glasses hit a tree stump, which nearly gave me a third nostril, i honestly thought they had gone through! I also clattered my ribs with the bars and spent the next 4 days coughing up blood

Thrunton 24-01-09 by ahsatb, on Flickr

superfli
    Free Member

My mate from a couple of months ago. High speed fall on to lots of South Downs finest flints:

Its the winner of this months MBR oldblokes.

lovewookie

really, this is why I mincecore…

SaxonRider

geetee1972
    Free Member

Saxon that’s a decent job you did right there. Please tell me that the NHS pulled its finger out and plated that one for you (i feel a bit of an expert on clavicle breaks as I sit here recovering from my second break and second op to plate!)

SaxonRider

@geetee1972:

I sit here well-plated. In fact, even after a year of having the plate in, I dread having my youngest move his little hand in the direction of my shoulder for fear of the ensuing pain.

I hate having the plate there, but I don’t want to risk any permanent loss of superficial feeling by having them go in again to take it out.

Is your second plating on the same clavicle? If I did that, I think my wife would leave me!

alfabus
    Free Member

This relatively small looking haematoma is the surface evidence of 3 pelvic breaks and fractured sacrum:

Ow.

Dave

geetee1972
    Free Member

Saxon it gets better but it takes quite a bit longer than you might think and it never goes fully away.

Whenever my two year old flops his head down on the bolts in my left shoulder it still hurts (although it hurts him as well so he’s learning not to do it 😯 ).

I did my left one almost five years ago and that took about two years post op before it stopped aching.

I broke my right one about five weeks ago but had to wait for surgery until two weeks later because of concussion. I’m now almost four weeks in and can take the sling off on Friday!

OCB
    Free Member

Pushing things a bit too fast on a sketchy surface results in:

The problem was that I couldn’t really tell what’d happened given the colours!
    It hadn’t had time to swell by that point – that came later that evening. 😯

Three days later, and lots of cleaning out / and some of the swelling going down a bit and I could see what I’d got:

DIY fixed, so I’ve got no idea what happened inside, but I had a *really* sore elbow for about 6 months solid afterwards, so much so, if I bumped it against anything, or forgot and leant on it I’d go all kinda shaky/sweaty from the increase in pain.

jad
    Free Member

Lots of elbows. Here’s my contribution:

Ouch! by alanach, on Flickr

boblo
    Free Member

Blurgggghhhh! Veggy dinner for me, enough blood for one day..

GRAEMEJONES

One from the original Pink Heifer at CYB,OTB on the bit that dropped you down onto some armco fencing via a loose scree run of dog ends of slate 😛

hugor
    Free Member

Here’s mine from a couple of months ago when the sun was still shining. Thought it was pretty serious at first but I was riding after a couple of weeks.

The crash that caused it was filmed which is always a consolation.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00RFjDfvdGY&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

_tom_
    Free Member

Becky that looks pretty awful. What brakes do you use? Just so I can avoid their sharp levers!

Kato

Didn’t manage to ever get photos of it at the time, but I could touch my elbow with the fingers on the same arm. I cried. Was a good excuse to buy a new bike though!

NZCol

I’ve just been sick

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’m going to start wearing body armour for everything

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Riding some secret little DH trails, and had forgotten my ff helmet last year. Face planted on a loose corner and broke my nose in 2 places:

The doctor in A&E said I would need my nose rebuilt, but incredibly it actually straightened my already bent nose out!

gsp1984
    Free Member

Jesus christ ladies and gents…

Puts me off ever having a slow bimble on my own, I hurt my ankle a little the other day and started wondering how the hell I was going to get out of the forest.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

foxyrider
    Free Member

Flippin eck – this post it still going this morning – some late night posters up there!

I_Ache
    Free Member

Im sitting here wondering if I don’t try hard enough when riding. I don’t have that many crashes and now I’m thinking is it because I ride like a girl. Am I doing something right or something wrong? Last time I crashed I took the skin off my shin but I have never broken anything. I’m confused.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Looks like some of you have had your value for money out of the NHS !

phiiiiil

I’ve got a big scar on my knee from a crash that stopped me biking for a few weeks but nothing more serious than that. I choose to believe it’s because I’m just too awesome to crash rather than because I’m too busy mincing… 🙂

derek_starship
    Free Member

Exactly 2 years and 3 days since my bar-end interface. The impact point is badly scarred and the haematoma sits above my navel – it’s approx’ 6cm x 2.5cm.

Bruising gone completely along with a considerable amount of blubber. I’m almost 4st lighter than when I had the accident.

beckykirk43
    Free Member

_tom_ – Member
    Becky that looks pretty awful. What brakes do you use? Just so I can avoid their sharp levers!

I wish I knew…was someone else’s brake I landed on!

Kato – just thinking about that makes me feel ill!

T666DOM

Little finger post fall and post op.

IN hospital post rib break followed by haemothorax the first of 2 lires of fluid they drained from my chest.

Cominig together between me, fence post and rusty barbed wire

willard

I think I’m going to go home and take the SPDs off my bike… Maybe it’ll be safer if I wear body armour on the commute too. And a full face motorcycle helmet.

Or drive everywhere.

In a tank.

With airbags in it.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Your post-crash pics?’ is closed to new replies.