Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Your mild OCD
  • druidh
    Free Member

So – I’m just putting away all the dishes and I get to the glasses. Since most glasses are normally wider at the top than the bottom, I put them in alternately to take up less space in the cupboard.

This is normal.

Right?

nealglover
    Free Member

It’s sensible.

Maybe not strictly speaking “normal” though ?

(I do it too, but I’m not normal I don’t think ?)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I have to squeeze my eyes tight closed for 3 seconds before hitting ‘send post’ on internet forums.

GrahamS

I have to squeeze my eyes tight closed for 3 seconds before hitting ‘send post’ on internet forums.

Even if you are driving? 😯

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

I have to cycle between the ‘S’ and ‘L’ on SLOW when it’s written on the road. If I hit the paint i’m in no doubt that bad things will happen. 😆

cynic-al
    Free Member

You should see my dishwasher stacking strategy.

chvck
    Free Member

I have to stroke my cat just before I leave the house or else bad things will happen.

druidh
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member
    You should see my dishwasher stacking strategy.

I can only get to two before I need a ladder.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

i can’t watch my email screen while i login – have to look at a different webpage, such as STW…

if i read an email and decide to deal with it later, i can’t just leave it, it has to be marked as ‘unread’ again until i do it.

i spend a lot of time in my email account.

choron
    Free Member

Depends on the angle of the taper for the glass: alternating means you can have a more efficient square lattice, whereas all the same way up means that you can go for an asymptotically more efficient (as the taper goes to zero) triangular lattice.

I’ll get my coat…

alex222
    Free Member

I have to stroke my cat just before I leave the house

is this a euphemism? Because if it is me too.

Kit
    Free Member

I always turn my pants inside-out before wearing them for a 2nd day.

julianwilson
    Free Member

druidh’s glaases thing sounds excellent. 😀 When we have more than 2 matching glasses in our cupboard I will be sure to try this out.

Otherwise, I have cured myself of alphabetised cd’s, have misaligned tyres/valves and have been known to go several days with unequal length sideburns. 8)

All i do really is bite my nails a bit, and I get a nice feeling from hanging out the socks in matching pairs. (You can ball them on the way back into the washing basket when you take them in, see…)

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Kit – Member

I always turn my pants inside-out before wearing them for a 2nd day.
    ..then back to front for day 3? Ah-hah, the old skidmark codpiece

I have to cycle between the ‘S’ and ‘L’ on SLOW when it’s written on the road. If I hit the paint i’m in no doubt that bad things will happen.

the paint has no grip. motorbikers, if taught well, and police motorbikers always avoid road paint in the rain, and for many that becomes habit. So you’re right, cycle over the paint and bad things CAN happen. Now you can go home and tell the bookshelf that you’re normal after all

bigjim

Check the gas cooker isn’t still burning before going to bed.

choron
    Free Member

Just checked, it seems that the alternating glasses idea is more efficient if the ratio of upper to lower diameter of the glasses is greater than about 1.15 (2/sqrt(3)). Otherwise, the triangular lattice is more efficient.

mu3266
    Free Member

My OCDs are tame compared to you lot! Heathens!

I merely have to always have a daysack on my back at work & it must be arranged a certain way with a minimum of 15lbs of weight in there, or else it doesn’t feel right.

twang
    Free Member

I count when I fill the kettle up for a brew (not out loud, that’d be mad)
    2 seconds for 1 cup, 4 for 2 cups etc

weare138
    Free Member

I lock the garage, check it’s shut fast and locked, walk away, get to the front door and turn around knowing fulll well it’s shut. I then go back to check it muttering to myself how stupid I am. It’s every bloody time.

Tom83

Before going riding, if I’ve driven to my location i check the cars locked about 10 times.

Also have to check my zips are done up, even if i haven’t opened them before i set off.

Before leaving the house, pat the pockets. Keys, wallet, phone. Phone left pocket, keys and wallet right pocket.

Could type more, but won’t…

julianwilson
    Free Member

Actually most of the ocd’sso far are pretty sensible if a tiny bit miserly. But I would call it ‘zen’ not miserly. 😀

Porfessional hat briefly on: proper OCD is either illogical task that MUST be done (must turn anticlockwise twise before leaving a room), or illogical and catastrophic consequences to omitting a ‘normalish’ check or cleaning task (an earthquake will destroy the phillipines if you leave the shed unlocked. Contrary to the stereotype, some ocd sufferers live in relative uncleanliness because normal household tasks fall by the wayside in favour of the specific ones, for example carpet is hoovered six times a day but ketchup stains on trousers all week.

yunki
    Free Member

If I start picking a bogey.. I have to produce something.. and I always roll the produce before flicking it at my spouse/nearest child/mum/pet/neighbour

Tom83

If I start picking a bogey.. I have to produce something.. and I always roll the produce before flicking it at my spouse/nearest child/mum/pet/neighbour

😆

emsz
    Free Member

Always lay out clothes on bed before getting dressed. Even I’m annoyed by it, can’t seem to stop though 🙄

rupertpostlethwaite
    Free Member

I feel rather shocked and quite frankly offended by people’s attitude to this disorder! This illness is far more than washing hands all the time and checking doors are locked! For crying out loud people! This mental illness comes in different forms and too many people are ignorant to it. 👿 It is not a joke to the sufferer! I for one cannot go out riding my bike if I haven’t got the correct pressure in my tyres, but I wouldnt say I’m an OCD sufferer, this condition can be self torture for the sufferer with an over active mind.

Bear
    Free Member

Only use black pens, or occasionally red….

Cougar

All my spice jars are in alphabetical order, so that I can find them quickly when I’m cooking.

I think I have CDO. It’s like OCD, but with ALL THE LETTERS IN THE RIGHT ORDER.

yunki
    Free Member

I feel rather shocked and quite frankly offended by people’s attitude to this disorder

mate.. that’s your prerogative..

aren’t you the guy who was offended by the laddish banter on the friendly northerner videos..?

if we took everything seriously all the time and treated subjects with the gravity they deserve then we’d all be locked alone in darkened rooms rocking and screaming and rending the flesh from our bodies with our own bare hands..

if you don’t laugh you cry and all that.. laughter is the best medicine..
    I’ve suffered with mental illness most of my adult life and I’m mildly offended by your seizing the moral high ground if I’m perfectly honest..

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

aren’t you the guy troll/second(or so) login who was offended by the laddish banter on the friendly northerner videos..?

steve_b77
    Free Member

I always put my left sock on before the other one.

yunki
    Free Member

aren’t you the guy troll/second(or so) login

aaaaaaaaaaah.. 😳

Rickos
    Free Member

My wife could give you a whole raft of weird stuff I do, but here’s an easy one and I bet I’m not the only one to do it.

Volume on TV, radio, etc. must be set to an even number.

samuri
    Free Member

I repeatedly shave the same spot of my face, over and over again in different directions. Even when it feels baby smooth, I panic that there’s huge hairs sticking out and I have to make sure.

The worst place for me is under my eyes, or you know, the closest that face hairs grow to under my eyes. The other one is under my bottom lip.

I’ll often finish my shave, and then go back and have another pass over my face in the dry nefore I leave the house. I also have another razor in work because certainly when I cycle in, I get the same feeling like I’ve missed something.

nealglover
    Free Member

Legendary sleeper Troll.

Getting a bit obvious now though, time for a new one ?

DavidB
    Free Member

I try not to step on cracks

I have to attempt to pee before lights out

I cannot drink tea unless inside of mug is white

crazy-legs

My cutlery goes into certain parts of the drying rack and a certain way up. Knives in one bit, forks in another, etc. Is that just tidy or is it OCD? I suspect OCD cos it annoys me irrationally if someone else has done the washing up and put the cutlery in random places on the drying rack…

MrPottatoHead

If there’s something opposite to OCD then I think I have that instead. The wife on the other hand, barking!

Checks every lock 5 times before bed, spends ages leaning against fridge door to make sure it’s shut, switches of the sockets that are already switched off with nothing in them. I regularly have to fetch her from outside or she’d be out all day checking her car is locked…the list goes on.

BigJohn

Volume on TV, radio, etc. must be set to an even number.

I feel rather shocked and quite frankly offended that on the day that Jim Marshall’s death was announced somebody is so insensitive.

ALL amps must be set to 11.

fasthaggis

Druidh

Don’t bother about it ,we are all somewhere on the additional support needs scale 🙂

OCD is the least of your worries 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

….this condition can be self torture for the sufferer with an over active mind.

Exactly. As someone who has a horribly overactive mind, I find the whole experience of using public lavatories without touching doorhandles, toilet seats, and the flushing mechanism, totally torturous. I end up kicking the door, pissing on the seat, and not flushing 😐

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Your mild OCD’ is closed to new replies.