• This topic has 83 replies, 56 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by jeffl.
Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • Your car breaks down in the outside lane….
  • squirrelking
    Free Member

As said, in a live lane you stay put.

A lot of speculation here, I can assure those that havent experienced it that its not as simple as you all seem to be making out. I broke down on the M8 right on top of a junction. Elevated so no real reservation, no hard shoulder and the traffic was backing up so I didnt have the option of cruising over to lane 1. Managed to get about a third of the car onto what passed for the central reservation and called 999, again, was advised to stay put.

Your car is designed to protect you in the event of a crash, your body isnt.

andyl
    Free Member

If you get hit when outside the car: certain death
    If you get hit when inside the car: chance of survival

I think the difference is the likelihood of being hit in either scenario and there is far too many variables in that as it depends on the situation and your injuries and the existing car damage etc.

alpin
    Free Member

True, poly, but equally so it could have been a lack of concentration.

jeffl

The thing that’s confusing me a little about this is that she was “inspecting the damage to her car”. How can the papers know this, did the poor sod in the lorry tell them that? Certainly seems like an odd thing to do in a live lane.

Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Your car breaks down in the outside lane….’ is closed to new replies.