Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Yeti 575 – What Forks?
  • rockitman

Just wondering what you can suggest? Running Marzocchi 55’s and they’ve seized again. Looking at Lyriks but they’re a lot of $. Rutland have coil Pikes on offer at the moment…

I run an XL 575 would I be OK dropping down from 160mm travel to 140mm – would I notice much?

Was the 575 designed for a 140mm fork?

What do you think to Pikes?

What would you do?

Thanks 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

they are designed for 140-160mm forks.

I had Pikes on mine, they seemed perfect.

rockitman

May be a stupid question, but would it make any difference that I’m 6′ 6″ and 17st?

Fagus
    Free Member

Pikes on mine. Seem made for each other.

giantjason
    Free Member

i hear good things about the fox 36 forks on yeti’s

will1
    Free Member

140 RLC on mine and it rides like a dream.

v10
    Free Member

I had 32’s / pikes / 36s on mine at various stages. Pikes probably suited it best but to be fair they were the only ones with travel adjust. Descended almost as well as it did with the 36s but climbed better than both when wound down to 120mm.

Had 3 pairs of those pikes left in stock as of this afternoon.

rockitman

With or without the pop loc?

charliemort

what year 575?

v10
    Free Member

I didnt have a poploc on mine but ive never used a lockout on a fork despite having them on most of the ones ive used in the last few years!

The ones on offer have a pushloc not a poploc (which is much nicer). Full boxed retail 09 forks.

Might have to treat myself just incase i ever get round to building a new 5spot actually, just checked the new cost price… 😯

loddrik
    Free Member

On mine (07) I have had Fox Talas 125mm, felt a bit underforked, Magura Wotan, Too much weight up front IMO, now have Maverick DUC’s which are fine. Bike is now for sale buy I should imagine I will buy another before the year is out and I would go for 140-150mm, I like mine built up light and 160mm forks are too heavy IMO

skidsareforkids
    Free Member

Save your pennies and go for the lyriks. Not so much for the extra travel, but for the superior damping adjustments and the extra stiffness… Especially if you’re a big fella… You’ll need to get them quick though, cos they’re going up by a couple of hundred quid NOW!

Daveb575
    Free Member

I run Pace RC41 130mm on mine, which are ok for the majority of my riding, but are a little short for steep nadgery stuff. I am considering a Magura Thor as a replacement when funds permit as I think that 140mm is the sweet spot for me. I have ridden one with Pikes and that felt really good, but personally I’d prefer something a bit lighter.

rockitman

Thanks guys, feedback much appreciated

chakaping
    Free Member

I had a Fox 36 Talas on my ’07, worked a treat – kept it at 130mm for most situations, 100mm great for climbing, 160mm felt a bit long to be honest.

If I was building again I’d probably try a Pike though. Or one of those Fox 32 Talas with the 15mm axle (even though it should be 20mm).

infidel
    Free Member

I’ve got revelations (lasy years – 130mm) on mine and it works just fine though TBH I’ve often wondered if I should go a little longer. It was a case of right price at the right time when I bought them….

fwb2006
    Free Member

I too have an XL, 6′ 4″ 14.5 stone, I run Fox Talas 150 QR15 and these seem pretty much perfect for me. Not too heavy and solid enough with the front axle and light too, just bloody expensive mate.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Yeti 575 – What Forks?’ is closed to new replies.