Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Yet another tubeless question… can this combo be done?
  • psychle
    Free Member

Or am I attempting the impossible?

Schwalbe Fat Albert Evo Snakeskin (not tubeless specific I don’t think?) and Roval Traversee rims (has the blue tubeless tape fitted…)

Have spent the best part of an hour or two trying to get them to seat and hold air, to no avail… wondering if it can actually be done? Have tried seating one side with a tube, this hasn’t worked… do I need to add sealant straight away perhaps?

pinches
    Free Member

i’ve been using a snakeskin nobby nic tubeless on mavic 819s with no issues. Are you using a compressor to inflate them? if you cant get them to at least blow on the rim without sealant there’s not much point putting it in IMO.

psychle
    Free Member

Are you using a compressor to inflate them?

Nope, track pump with wild abandon… can get one side to seat fine with a tube, remove tube carefully and use soap to get the other side on, but pump as I may I just can’t get the unseated side to lock in… bloody annoying!

T1000
    Free Member

for problem installs… try using some thick washing machine liquid as its far thicker than washing up liquid it allows you to get enough pressure in to seat the tyre for the 1st time.

also try inflating the tyre on the rim with a tube 1st to get any kinks out if it’s been stored…..

Northwind

Try pulling the other side that’s not beaded onto the bead, depending on the tyre you can sometimes get good headway like this

dobo
    Free Member

allways inflate new tyres with a tube first with high psi, then try again with soapy water, sometimes it just fails, co2 sometimes works well, i’ve never used a compressor or rovals or had to add sealant first, the air usually escapes around the bead. on problem tyres you can pull out the tube and leave one side of the tyre still seated, works well with baggy tyre/rim combo’s

psychle
    Free Member

success…finally!! it’s only taken most of the day! 🙄

In the end, after many attempts, the rear finally seated and went up, no idea why it worked on the 10th go and not the first! Front tyre went on up the first try, easy as pie… 😕

now to see if they stay up till the morning!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Yet another tubeless question… can this combo be done?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM