Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • YAWN: Best spoke key (single)
  • oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i know this is a boring post but i need some STW advice

i want single spoke key (1 for each size)

i find my self building building more and more bling wheels and would like some nice keys. what do you use?

cheers

steviepcommencal
    Free Member

Park, pretty colours as well!!

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

im liking the m parts key. am i right in thinking that you have to slide it over the nipple from the top as it has 4 sides as opposed to 3 like the park tools one?

tthew

The Superstar components ones are nice. Nice bit lever, also in pretty colours.

clubber
    Free Member

yeah, they’re four sided which is the reason that they’re so good IMO. I’ve built hundreds of wheels with mine.

gee
    Free Member

Park.

GB

cynic-al
    Free Member

I like Park. It’s pretty subjective tho.

Clubber that’s a lot of wheels for a home builder?

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

M:part spokey pro is even betterer than the standard ones – esp if you’ve got siezed nipples to deal with. I’m not a fan of the Park ones as they’re uncomfortable, and don’t stay locked in place when you’re hurrying round the wheel to put tension on it.

EDIT: you might find them cheaper under the Rixen Kaul brand. They’re the same!

clubber
    Free Member

haven’t always been a home builder, al.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Modesty is sooooo…..HAWT!

clubber
    Free Member

er… OK…

aracer
    Free Member

+1 for the Spokey Pro – like a Spokey, but better.

mattbee

Had my Park set for 15 years + with plenty of use & they still look brand new.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Cheers guys, will order some spokey pros.

mrdestructo

+1 for Spokey spoke key. I’ve built a couple dozen wheels physically easily and it’s still in my possession. A little bit loose sometimes now it’s getting on in age, but never slips. Getting ready to do a couple more this week, I luv my Spokey.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I like my pedros, sometimes I just like to hold it. In inception it’d be my totem.. oh, hang on…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘YAWN: Best spoke key (single)’ is closed to new replies.