Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • XXL Singletrack Sale and “Unconscious Bias”
  • charliedontsurf

There has been a lot of talk about “unconscious bias” recently, largely relating to ultra-privileged people saying things they should not say. At Sing …

By charliedontsurf

Get the full story on our front page at:

XXL Singletrack Sale and “Unconscious Bias”

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

Joe

I have no idea what you lot are talking about. No idea why STW is so obsessed with Student Union style politics. You’ve got a sale on some big t shirts because nobody bought them? Great.

irc

I needed a new t shirt. I,d need to diet to hit 100Kg. The XXL should work.

bigdean

My problem is large to xl to XXL tops don’t seem to get longer just wider.

bigblackshed

john-cena-smile

scotroutes

So the issue is that Charlie has irresponsibly bought too much XXL stock and STW is having to sell it off cheap? I hope that’ll be taken into account during his annual appraisal 😉

grahamt1980

What do you expect? With the cost of living crisis, those big enough to need clothing that size are spending an absolute fortune on food now.

leffeboy

or…. maybe we need more tasty recipes?  Especially those involving chips.  Can I recommend maybe trying Heston’s recipe where he fries chips three times having first made sure they are almost falling apart so they have the maximum surface area (or just move to Belgium)

mattsccm
    Free Member

My club has several 2xl skin suits in stock. Biggest we have ever sold is a large to the club giant. Now just who the hell will want these? TTers don’t come in 2xl

tomhoward

TTers don’t come in 2xl

Jan Ullrich did.

2XL are easier to turn into vests for the summer.

scotroutes

2XL are easier to turn into vests tents for the summer.

FTFY

@scotroutes that’ll work also. Practical and functional.

sas78

Personally I found the enclosed link to boat shoes invaluable. With size 13 flappers finding any form of shoe isna nightmare but on bikes it’s almost impossible! What a resource!

charliedontsurf

@bigdean… if you want me to rake to some shirt measurements, just ask. Have you seen… https://www.2tall.com/

jamesoz

@bigdean… if you want me to rake to some shirt measurements, just ask. Have you seen… https://www.2tall.com/

That’s a useful link. I’m only 6’and a bit but have wide shoulders, which reduces the overall length of a top. Lots of bigger sizes are just fatter.
    My work polo shirts are useless lengthwise.

ampthill

I’m just amazed that anyone ordering sizes for retail didn’t have a size vs % sales distribution curve as a starting point

Mark

I think you may be confusing us with Boohoo
    🙂

charliedontsurf

@ampthill of course I use a size distribution curve based on sales history. It’s not like we have hundreds left, just single digits.

The problem is you lot don’t behave like the stats, or there are only 8 XXL Singletrackers and I satisfied the market last time. or maybe you have all lost weight? Which leads on neatly to how we will deal with this going forward…

The Singletrack pork pie subscription. You get a magazine every 2 months, and a box of 21 pork pies every week, that’s 3 a day, all meals are covered. Say goodbye to awkward cooking and simply pie your way to fitness. it’s a bit like Huel but delivered in a delicious high carb crust. To make it the market leading performance balanced complete diet… we also send you an apple 4 times a year (well, it’s actually a pork and apple pie).

And my size distribution curve will be correct once again. 😉

thecaptain
    Free Member

Jan Ullrich did.

ROFL.

At 6 foot and 73 kg he was closer to a skinny midget than a giant.

Just emphasises how tiny most pro cyclists are.

Conor off GCN is proper big though.

charliedontsurf

There was once a XC race category called “Clydesdale”… which happens to be a type of shire horse. You got a one minute head start for every pound in weight over 200 pounds.

An 18 minute head start seems fair to me.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

The Singletrack pork pie subscription. You get a magazine every 2 months, and a box of 21 pork pies every week, that’s 3 a day, all meals are covered. Say goodbye to awkward cooking and simply pie your way to fitness. it’s a bit like Huel but delivered in a delicious high carb crust. To make it the market leading performance balanced complete diet… we also send you an apple 4 times a year (well, it’s actually a pork and apple pie).

Can I upgrade my current sub?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

have no idea what you lot are talking about. No idea why STW is so obsessed with Student Union style politics

Marketing innit.

bigdean

I recently ordered two gym tops from them (really good as well). I tend to get work shirts custom made to my measurements. They last ages but since the pound tanked have got quite expensive.

leffeboy

The Singletrack pork pie subscription. You get a magazine every 2 months, and a box of 21 pork pies every week

I’m in, NOW

bigblackshed

“Clydesdale”… which happens to be a type of shire horse badly shaved gorilla. You got a one minute head start for every pound in weight over 200 pounds.

That would be a full 55 minute head start. I’m pretty sure I’d be wearing the rainbow stripes. If only it came in a big enough size! 😉

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.