Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • XTR M985, vs. M988, vs .XT M785
  • Daffy

Has anyone ridden any of the above?

I’m told the M985 (XTR Race) has the best modulation due to not using servowave, and that the M988 and 785s can feel a little grabby.

Can anyone provide any real world feedback?

Looking to replace my Marta SLs.

ATB,

M.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

I like having the tool free reach adjustment on the Trail brakes.
    Very small difference in power if you believe the stats.

Either are incredible.

njee20
    Free Member

I love my M985s, great brakes. Not tried the Trails to compare. A friend who’s just got the M987s reckoned the M988s were better though.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

2 sets of XTR trails on my bikes, fantastic brakes, no experience of XT’s but they can be had for half the price of the XTR’s

Daffy

Has anyone compared them to the Formula R0?

variflex
    Free Member

Have both XTR M988 and XT versions and there is very little between them. XT is more than good enough and use the different for something else on the build.

batman11
    Free Member

I’ve used xt and there good for the money, zero experience of xtr but I do ride RO there a great brake very balanced etc nice looking easy and quick pad change and fairly easy to rebelled if needed.
    If your interested I’m going to be selling a set of my formula RO off only the brakes as I’m using the rotors full length hoses. Only reason is there sat here and I’ve no plans on getting anymore bikes for a while 😀
    Bats.

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve used xt and there good for the money, zero experience of xtr but I do ride RO there a great brake very balanced etc nice looking easy and quick pad change and fairly easy to rebelled if needed.
    If your interested I’m going to be selling a set of my formula RO off only the brakes as I’m using the rotors full length hoses. Only reason is there sat here and I’ve no plans on getting anymore bikes for a while
    Bats.

What?

batman11
    Free Member

Njee20 what is what??
    I’ll make it easier for you.
    Xt good not used xtr
    RO also good !! I’m selling one of my sets of if original poster is interested
    Perhaps that reads a bit better for all.
    Only my opinion though and clearly I’m crap!!!

enmac
    Free Member

I have got XTR M988 on one bike and XT M785 on another. The XT’s are definitely more powerful, but the XTR’s are powerful enough and a fair bit lighter. They are only I-spec B-type though so don’t throw away those funny little black bolts you get with the shifters , like I did!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘XTR M985, vs. M988, vs .XT M785’ is closed to new replies.