Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • xt brakes from rose bikes
  • amsterdan
    Free Member

would these be an upgrade from avid elixir cr ?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Anything is an upgrade from Avid IMHO..

chrisdw
    Free Member

Yes

Superficial
    Free Member

As far as I can see, they’re an upgrade from any other brakeset. Except perhaps the XTR ones…

valley
    Free Member

i bought a 2010 Epic with Elixirs on it , changed to XT about 18months ago, Far better 😀

amsterdan
    Free Member

can you use the rotors and post mounts from the avids or do you need shimanos

DuggieStyle
    Free Member

can you use the search function?

rudedog
    Free Member

Aren’t they sold out from Rosebikes?

amsterdan
    Free Member

could do but whats wrong with asking the collective genius of singletrack 😆

chrisdw
    Free Member

Nope, they are back in stock!

Take a look at the SLX too.. Basically the same brake but £20 cheaper

Look at this thread here… lots of previous discussion on this topic!
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/psa-xt-m785-brakes/page/11

Wibble89
    Free Member

Tbh it is simply personal choice and intended use. I’m not fully used to my xt’s on my five (2 rides with 180mm discs) but can tell they are nice. Some people say they can be grabby but once you are used to them you can easily feather and modulate the power, However the power does increase rapidly so you need to be used to them.

On the other hand I have the Elixir CR’s on my downhill bike which I race reasonably successfully. Before the CR’s I had codes which like the xt’s had good modulation but ramped up in power too quickly for me and I struggled to control them in sketchy moments and when tying to control speed on off camber high lines, simply because there was too much power and I would loose traction and slide down. I find the Elixir CR’s to have the right rate of modulation and total power for me. I love steep tech tracks and have no issue with power even on 5 minute downhills in the alps where i’m probably off the brakes for 20 seconds of that.

So if they’re knackered then the xt’s are definitely a good choice, but in the end its what type of response you want from you inputs. They just behave differently.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I have elixir r on one bike and 2012 deore on the other. I really rate the elixirs in terms or power and feel, they are a reasonably high maintainance brake but no more than previous hope brakes. So far the deores seem really good, I have only had a few rides on them, despite me losing some oil when trimming the hose and swapping the leavers from new. So far I am very happy with the deores.

Oh and yes they will be fine with the avid adaptors and rigors. Mine are.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘xt brakes from rose bikes’ is closed to new replies.