Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)
  • Xmas eve – what have you all done so far?
  • beiciwr64
    Free Member

Quick dive with sub to 1400m to do a survey and also shrunk one of these! 😀

wilburt
    Free Member

Almost forgot…stayed up late/early into Xmas eve, prepping the summer bike which included a rebuild of a sticky front mech. Must’ve been a bit tipsy by the time i had finished because I forgot all about until an hour ago when I looked in the garage. Woopee front gears working!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Breakfast, quick bit of shopping, lunch with wine, editing some videos

beej

Up at 0630 for 60 minute spin class at 7. Vaguely at desk by 0830, breakfast, coffee, chatting. Cleared out a draw of junk, watched a colleague do the same who found two signed photos of Pierluigi Collina. Took one for my GF who used to love watching him.

Home, turkey/stuffing sandwich, sausage roll, little sausages. Finished wrapping presents, doing labels. Washed week’s worth of bike and gym kit. Tidied up.

Now about to go out and deliver present to three sets of friends, should be fun.

MoreCashThanDash

Got kids up, washed and fed. Done one load of washing. Took kids to Shipley Park to get some exercise and fresh air in them. Discovered that the cafe in the park was shut. Cleared last two days ironing.Sorted out emails. Got lunch for everyone. Washed up. Hoovered downstairs. Sent Jnr out with a mate for a couple of hours. Now catching up on some recorded telly while LittleMissMC does some colouring.

Later we are making choc chip shortbread, then it will be time to get tea ready for when MrsMC gets home from work.

Frankly would be easier to be at work today!

ste_t
    Free Member

13 hour shift. Bah humbug.

AD

Ran up to Lords Seat – very pleasant!
    Now off to deliver stuff – hopefully everywhere will be nice and quiet…

martinhutch

28 mostly wind-assisted miles in the Dales. By God it’s sloppy out there.

Greeted at the door with cup of tea and a pork pie though. Merry Christmas.

smartay

started day with dog walk
    Dropped presents off at brother in laws, not in. dropped cards off at friends, not in. Do you think their trying to tell me something!
    Fuelled car up
    Back home bite to eat then some more present wrapping whilst wife cleans house like the Queens coming for dinner, oh apparently she is-my mother 😀
    Walk dog again and then Chritingle

Philby

Up very late and suffering manflu. Massive salad for lunch, interrupted by friend who wanted to use my Dirtworker to wash off some fox poo or similar her dog had rolled in.

About to start doing my year end accounts, but doing avoidance tactics by surfing the net.

Sandwich

Office for the morning. I’m listening to carols on the Pc while I await collection by Sandwich Jr. I am a third of a bottle of Glenlivet to the good and life is sweet.

wallop

Got a gondola up an Austrian mountain, ate some gröstl, walked back down.

Alphabet

Today I have:
    – Cleaned spare room for MIL who arrives later today.
    – Posted out last customer parcel
    – Finished laying the floorboards in the bathroom
    – Put up a new curtain pole
    – Made sure the sheep have enough hay
    – Put the Christmas tree up (well it is Christmas tomorrow)
    – Given the ducks and chickens a pre Christmas treat
    – Sunk half a glass of port (while typing this)
    – Sunk half a glass of port instead of wrapping up presents.

I’m now (thanks to those two half glasses of port) in a Christmassy mood 😀

bigbloke
    Free Member

Cleaned house top to bottom. Had a shave. Sis in law and future hubby been round. Now a bite to eat and tuck into the Baileys I think. For once we are all organised 🙂

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Have had a good wander around Reykjavik today, time to grab some food and head out for a few bevvies. Saw the northern lights last night. 🙂

Squidlord
    Free Member

Walked the dog, chopped some logs. Was ordered out of the kitchen, so hid in the corner & ate all the sausage rolls, fresh out of the oven. Read “Biggles Defends the Desert”. Fell asleep, and have just been woken up to do the washing up. Carols are playing somewhere. Our normally sulky teenager is in a good mood for once! We have no sherry for the trifle, so Squidlady is sampling glasses of madeira, port & drambuie, trying to decide which would be the best substitute. She looks quite happy, so will leave her to it, she needs a break.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Went and bought some last minute presents and some uneccesery extra food.
    Had lunch and just been out for a ride in the woods and up on the cliffs. Its windy and muddy.
    Cleaned the bike a bit and now having a cup of tea.
    Wrapping presents next then watching whatever rubbish is on tv with a couple of beers and a large tub of cheeselets.

yetidave
    Free Member

Playing with the helicopter in the house with the kids. Chopped some wood, watched some rubbish film with the kids. Lovely.

Houns

Walked in to Stourbridge to do my Christmas shopping (first time in my life I’ve done Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve)

First off treated myself to breakfast (eggs benedict and a brew) in Whetherspoons (I know, but they do it really well!) got all but one present within 10 mins. Went to the local for a couple of Whiskies and a couple of pints.
    Popped in to Tesco for some red wine for cooking, wasn’t as bad as I feared, I killed no one and got served straight away.
    Picked the last present I needed, got some mince pies and fizz from ‘Trose and headed home.
    Now lay on bed eating mince pies and suffering Craddocks stomach (stomach cramps and impending Brad Pitts thanks to my locals own beers)

Bit of a snooze then family stuff then pub tonight

Edukator
    Free Member

Rode around some closed pistes on a spike-tyred MTB, skied up and down some open pistes, played guitar, gave junior a driving lesson, lit wood burner, now some last minute shopping (when Madame stops faffing)..

badnewz
    Free Member

Cycled down to Boots on my new Raleigh Pioneer town bike, tres comfortable.

Hit the 3 for 2 as always. Bang! xmas shopping down in 15 minutes.

Put my debit card in the card reader, the checkout girl hadn’t noticed and said “I didn’t realise you’d stuck it in”. Bit tongue.

Cycled to a small village, saw four wild deer in the middle of a field, took a picture.

Planned some new poems for 2015, combining Henri Bergson’s anti-Platonism with Du Bartas compressed metaphysical style.

Staying away from the silliness tonight and listening to FiveLive instead.

pete68
    Free Member

We’ve hired a cottage in porlock, Somerset for the week. Today we did a nice couple of hours walk over the hills, with a picnic in the rain. Then to Minehead for a pint and walked the dogs on the empty beach. The tide was out as far as I’ve ever seen. Back to porlock now. Out to the ship later for a couple of beers and back for that festive favourite, chicken and chorizo risotto!

yunki
    Free Member

mostly bimbled about getting pissed.. saw the kids for a bit this morning, did a wee bit of shopping, scored some hash off a pensioner in the boozer..

gonna do some housework in a bit and then head to the pub 🙂

Bregante

Wandered round the local shops with the Mrs and went for a nice spot of lunch whilst the in-laws minded the kids. Got back to my sister in laws and have been gorging on mince pies and mulled wine for the last 3 hrs. The brother in law has just got in from work and we’re just about to sneak out to my favorite pub in the whole of the south of england for a few pints of Spindrift.

rocketman
    Free Member

Fitted some Saint cranks this morning then went for a Trans-Cannock epic, no trail left unridden, some of them twice. Just enjoying a pint of tea and a biscuit now.

Hope you all have a good one

simmy
    Free Member

Called Mate to arrange tonight.
    Dog walk
    Coffee
    STW
    Coffee
    STW
    Twitter
    Took outside light apart to find out why it’s not working
    To town on hack bike to get new bulb for light and few groceries
    Fitted said bulb
    Sausage butties
    Got bored so went for a drive to butty van got given 2 pints of orange and 2 pints of milk as she was shutting for Xmas and was going to throw them away
    Back home now going Mates in a bit for a curry.

grahamt1980

Spent a couple of hours playing at chicksands.
    Then came home and had first shower in our house for 6 days since the boiler went pop last week.
    Now put the tree up and relaxing

rene59
    Free Member

Quick dive with sub to 1400m to do a survey and also shrunk one of these!

This may be the best use of Christmas eve I’ve ever read about.

theotherjonv

Couple of hours at work, then took the dog out for an hour of trailhound training on tunnel hill. Bath, then tescos to pick up the veg and some not shampoo for the daughters. Called in at the saffer biltong shop for some biltong and droewors, then home. Put some washing on and now doing the girls nit stuff before Xmas eve tea.

Oh the glamour of parenthood.

redthunder
    Free Member

Just finished shooting arrows around the woods.

602 on 34 targets 🙂 … first time in 600 club.

TV now.

Ride tomorrow 🙂

Tracey

Took the dog for a long walk this morning then into the Peak for a meal.
    Just arrived back and now relaxing, can feel a sleep coming on.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Made sausage rolls, ate bacon, sausages and toast, had a quick sunny blast on the Hooker, made mince pies . . . now eating mince pies and drinking wine (wine? wtf? S’OK beer is chilling 😛 ) while gammon joint is cooking in the oven. Still have the dog’s presents to wrap 😆

Oh, and have a freakin’ blast y’all!!!

Edit: Just burnt second batch of mince pies – I blame the wine. Stick to beer Mama! 🙄

Yak

update from the earlier mould cleaning.
    Since then:
    2 loads of washing,
    Some kids crafts,
    Short ride
    Clean bikes
    Christmas card delivery
    Film on tv now

House still smells of a swimming pool.

sparkyrhino

Local boozy ride,thats all.

chrismac

Been to work, cleaned the car, planned tomorrow ride seen as the weather is looking good, Fiancé insists we go out. Pressies and dinner can wait til its dark.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Had 3 holes dug in my back by the Doctor.One of them(mole)she didn’t like the look of!ummmmm.Also remarked my back now resembles a “patchwork quilt”.Nice.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Just eaten fish n chips and watched Avengers on da big telly with da boom box sound and am consuming loads of alcohol……….

takisawa2

Wife up early & dragged youngest off to supermarket.
    Tidied house whilst eldest watched Stampylongnose minecraft videos.
    Into town for few bits, then cook tea…sausage & mash. 🙂
    About to wrap the wifes present with a JD Tennessee Honey.
    Might have a bit of stollen.

Markie
    Free Member

Had weetabix, picked up Turkey from M and S, drove dad to hospital after he walked into a glass door, went to ‘Story of Santa Claus’ at local playhouse, went to neighbor’s for Christmas drinks, went to church for crib service, went to village carol service by war memorial, had dress rehearsal for family nativity play, ate Christmas dinner, bathed kids, came to internet.

jimw
    Free Member

Took partner to trains station to travel into town to get her hair cut.
    Did some food shopping on the way home.
    Finished polishing nieces and sister in law’s presents
    Started second of partners presents( last minute decision to make matching earrings for pendant made last week)
    Picked her up from station
    Had hour long conversation with friend from school I hadn’t spoken to for ages.
    Spoke for a while with my sister in Italy.
    Finished presents by about 6.30 pm-cutting it even finer than usual- unexpected phone calls set my schedule back
    Wrapped said presents plus a few others
    Cooked the evening meal
    Now sort of watching Skyfall

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Xmas eve – what have you all done so far?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM