Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • XC Fork – Magura Durin or Rock Shock Sid Team?
  • Hornet600
    Free Member

Anybody have experience of these?
    Would you rate one over the other?

I have read that the Durin is very hard to set-up.

Both 100mm btw.

titusrider
    Free Member

I know i hate it when i post threads like these and someone ignores the choice ive made but the f100 fox is really quite special…..

(only got experiance of 2009 though and reviews seem to indicate the small bump isnt as good for 2010 foxes)

The-Beard

I had a similar dilemma last year and ended up going for the Durin (alright, I admit, at the end of the day it came down to the Durin looking cooler…)

Have to say it's the best fork I've ridden. I love it, stiff, light, copes with everything and the double arch looks the business.

Though I think the SID is probably equally as good. It just doesn't look as good.

No trouble setting it up either.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

only test riden the SID, but it was very good even on some basic (very XC racer) settings.

magura is very light and stiff, and super plush, but the damping is a bit pants over big bumps and the rebound is overwhelmed by repeated big hits.

Hornet600
    Free Member

Thanks for the help.
    I really like the look of the Durin but the Sid always gets good reviews. Bearing in mind the cost of forks now, I want to get the best one!

br
    Free Member

Go for the 120mm Reba maxle, and space it down to 100mm – barely heavier, but very stiff.

My Teams weigh in at 1750g with the maxle light.

shortbaldone
    Free Member

+1 for durins, light, easy to set up, plush and track like a bloodhound on steroids

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘XC Fork – Magura Durin or Rock Shock Sid Team?’ is closed to new replies.