Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Wow – Get out there and look at the sunset.
  • Harry_the_Spider

Winter Hill from my bedroom window.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

We don’t have clouds here 😀

Drac

That’s me on top of the hill with my binoculars watching you.

crikey
    Free Member

Meh.

I see that every time I leave work, and I’ve left work for 25 years.

bruneep

stunning

unknown
    Free Member

I can’t see a hill in that photo, where is it?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It looks like pollution to me ….. the particles of pollution scatter the red end of the light spectrum.

Still never mind – just keep your bedroom window shut 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

All i can see is those horrible new bright white streetlights. Who’s crappy idea were those?

CountZero

All i can see is those horrible new bright white streetlights. Who’s crappy idea were those?

They’re a lot better than those ghastly orange/yellow things, that give a horrible glow to the sky, and barely illuminate anything nearby. The LED ones are neutral daylight, make it easier to see actual colour at night, and are easily dimmed late in the evening. They’re being used on part of the M4 heading west from London, and they’re excellent, you could turn your lights off, it’s so easy to see where you’re going.
    Also, they don’t spread light upwards, geeing light pollution to a minimum.
    I took this trough the screen last Saturday, about 12.30-ish

Much better than sodium lights.
    Oh, I wasn’t driving, btw.

aa
    Free Member

it was a good ‘un in nw leics also. Made my local spot look very alien!

DezB
    Free Member

The LED ones are neutral daylight, make it easier to see actual colour at night, and are easily dimmed late in the evening. They’re being used on part of the M4 heading west from London, and they’re excellent

Yep, totally agreed – ideal for motorways. Little back street cul-de-sacs though? Totally unnecessary for it to be effing daylight 24 hours outside the window.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Wow – Get out there and look at the sunset.’ is closed to new replies.