Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Would you move to Dumfries?
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

What’s all this about lots of Porsche, Maserati, Ferrari, etc? Why would that be and are you sure you’re not over egging the pudding a touch?

I work with someone Dumfries born and bred, I’ll ask her this morning about the proliferation of high end cars.

Stoner
    Free Member

New horizons nick? Good luck!

My Great Aunt lives in St Johns Town Dalry, nice large village/small town. She and my great uncle used to live near Dalbeattie before that. Lovely areas, I love visiting, but definitely preferable to living “in” Dumfries IMO, although Ive nothing much against Dumfries itself – it’s a reasonable, functional town.

Im always surprised that (assuming you pick your timing carefully) I can get to Gretna Green from Malvernistan in less than 4 hours. It’s 3 hours to Coed y Brenin! Dumfriesshire is not so far to make family visits, even regular ones.

nickc

Maybe, there’s a post up there that would be a great move financially, but tis a loooong way north!!

Just a pipe dream probably 😉

epicyclo

Dumfries – almost the epicentre of the bicycle – what could be better? (except moving further north)

Gary_M
    Free Member

but tis a loooong way north!!

Its practically Englandshire.

nickc

I currently live in Northamptonshite, southern Scotland is a long way north

geoffj

If I was to move from Perthshire, D&G would be high on the list.
    Lovely coast, fantastic scenery, relatively good train links (via Carlisle).

Trekster

nickc – Member
    I currently live in Northamptonshite, southern Scotland is a long way

I’m sure you would find some fellow ‘hamptonshire people here, quite a cosmopolitan area 😉

gordimhor

My sister lives in Dumfries and is really happy there. If I was to move from where I am then D and G would be one of my favourite places, for all the reasons mentioned above though I would prefer to be around Newton Stewart

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Would you move to Dumfries?’ is closed to new replies.