Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 241 total)
  • Worst town in Britain
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Fitzwilliam gets my vote, I was just just dumbstruck at how rough it was. As the local we bought a car off said "they are all pigging crackers round here" closer to home Trinant has no redeeming qualities.

kimbers

isnt this a tv series with ralph little danny dyer or the bald one off eastenders

project
    Free Member

Chester,dirty,grotty,the Romans came and went,and the local council fails to realise they went hundreds of years ago,along with most of the shops.They now have fake Romans walking the strets,like some poor quality theme park.
    The expensive parking,poor quality car parks,and the alledged home of Hollyoaks,thats filmed in Liverpool 20 plus miles away.

ton

anywhere there used to be a pit, or coal mine for you people that do not know what a pit is.

markfu
    Free Member

Wigan, chav capital of the Northern hemisphere. Women – Shellsuits stuffed into diamond pattern socks, the biggest hoop earrings available, gobs like drains. Blokes – Shellsuits stuffed into diamond pattern socks, lop sided baseball caps, gobs like drains.

The climate must be nice up there though, as everyone appears to have a very healthy tan.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Grimsby…..

stugus
    Free Member

Huntingdon? Now there's a sh*t hole if ever I saw one.

Peterborough isn't any better.

I used to work in both at one point. 🙁

loddrik
    Free Member

Glyncorwygg is pretty horrible. The lacashire mill towns are pretty dire too. But my vote has to go to the ones closer to me (Liverpool), widnes, st helens and in particular, Runcorn, are about as crap and naff a place as you are likely to find. Even old ladies wear tracksuits in Runcorn!!

Gruenermoench
    Free Member

Dagenham, Londons armpit and with more cases of interbreeding than any other town in the UK. (fact – I know someone that works for the council there).

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Drove through Rhyll once, didn't fancy stopping to save my life!

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Widnes is the arsehole of Britain, Runcorn is the arsehole of widnes

epicyclo

England?

🙂

loddrik
    Free Member

Here's one for all you southerners, Bordon, shocking!! Nuff said….

ton

on a family holiday, we camped in exmoor for a week…….awesome.
    for the 2nd week we went on a road trip round the welsh trail centers.
    1st 2 night were planned to stay at glyncorwygg ponds…
    we drove up the road towards glyncorwygg and it got grimmer and grimmer.
    i kept quiet, but i could tell from the wifes face she was not impressed.
    the minute we entered glyncorwygg she burst into tears, spurting out that if i thought she was gonna spend any of her summer holiday in such a shyte hole, i had another thing coming…….
    needless to say, i never got to ride whites level………. 😉

GJP
    Free Member

+1 for St. Helens and it used to have pit to please Ton. The first 18 years of my life were spent there and it has pretty much put me off ever moving back North

CTML
    Free Member

Leigh.

Past through it for lunch during LeJoG this summer, there was a shared emotion between us that it was definately not a place to be in a full lycra gear. Also saw bunch of 8-10 year old's blowing up condoms and being a general nuisance….

fotorat
    Free Member

Too Subjective for me, the fact is that Liverpool remains the roughest Local Authority Area based on the UK National Indicies of Deprivation, which measures how skint people are and how thick they are (amongst other less interesting measures)

If you dont believe me check it out, and sort on average rank:

http://www.communities.gov.uk/communities/neighbourhoodrenewal/deprivation/deprivation07/

fotorat
    Free Member

…..and for a bit more fun check out not only Anti-Social Behaviour but Vehicle Crime, Robbery, Burglary and Violent Crime, for any town or post code here:

http://maps.police.uk/

and if you want to know what your local council should be doing address Crime and ASB have a look at this

http://police.homeoffice.gov.uk/national-policing-plan/national-community-safety-0609

carlphillips
    Free Member

anywhere north of exeter

voodoo_chile

brinnington, by stockport ….crazy dudes

GlenMore
    Free Member

fotorat – Member

Too Subjective for me, the fact is that Liverpool remains the roughest Local Authority Area based on the UK National Indicies of Deprivation

That'll be the "UK" not including Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland then…..

There used to be a name for that, but it seems to have fallen into disuse.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Batley runs its near neighbour Dewsbury pretty close.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Grangemouth in Scotland.

Farnworth nr Bolton

squin
    Free Member

Middlesborough.

Creg

Middlesbrough.

Not just opinion. There was a Channel 4 programme about it.

yossarian
    Free Member

margate

Drac

Anywhere but here.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Pretty much all towns are the same. If you were to be blind folded and dropped into a town centre you would be hard pushed to to tell the difference. Not all are shite holes though but they all seem to be copies of each other these days.

Generic towns.

SiB
    Free Member

-BIRKENHEAD

– some dregs of liverpool cross the river to live there
    -its name even makes it sound like a sh!thole, it is a sh!thole
    -said to have the largest number of smackheads per capita in europe a few years ago – dont know how much truth in this but I could well believe it
    -tj hughes biggest shop there

molgrips
    Free Member

Bridgewater gets my vote.

As for Glyncorrwg, I reckon it's much prettier than a lot of Valleys places. Go to Merthyr town centre, have a cup of tea in the bus station cafe and then think of the mountains and forests of GC. Having said that, it's been 10 years since I was there so maybe it's got better 🙂

backhander
    Free Member

I'm 100% with molgrips.
    There's very very little worse than Bridgewater.

JulianA
    Free Member

Southampton is pretty rubbish, Portsmouth is worse and I don't feel comfortable in Reading… Basingstoke town centre (surprisingly) is OK (not so sure about (some) of the outskirts)

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Shirebrook (lovingly refererred to as Shitebrook, notice that readers?) in the glorious province of Mansfield.

or even Glapwell….

oh I could go on. And yes anywhere with a pit.

Keva
    Free Member

agreed Birkenhead is a bit of a dump. But surely it has to be Hayes or Acton, pretty dire places. Going back up north I found Stockton a bit of a dump… chav central pretty much like how markfu has described Wigan. Just what posses someone to dress like a complete idiot and then tattoo their face with what is only recognisable as scribble ?

K

ton

wakefield
    castleford
    featherstone
    doncaster
    rotherham
    barnsley
    dewsbury
    batley
    keighley
    bradford
    leeds
    oldham
    rochdale
    wigan
    st helens
    widnes
    salford
    etc
    etc
    etc
    UP NORTH……………. 😉

legend76
    Free Member

stanley in county durham is pretty bleak but still doesnt come close to some of the turd holes i've seen in scotland

molgrips
    Free Member

Merthyr is probably as bad of a town as Bridgewater but it's in Wales and has loads of good biking, so that makes it better 🙂

0pt1cal
    Free Member

Falkirk is the arse hole of Scotland.

nickc

Maesteg (just up the road from Glencorrwg). If Wales needed an enema, Maesteg is where they'd stick the hose, and Gotre, (again just down the road) is where the crap would come out…

westkipper
    Free Member

derek_starship, Grangemouth? Bad? you've got to be funnin' around, Its a bit grey but its not in the premier division of crap scottish towns.
    Now Larkhall for instance- I accidentally strayed into there and seeing the red white and blue kerbs, the paramilitary flags and 'FTP' grafitti, I cycled out of there like Cavendish( and I didnae need no leadout!)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 241 total)

The topic ‘Worst town in Britain’ is closed to new replies.