Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 118 total)
  • "worst 'big' film I've ever seen" thread – Take 2
  • Cougar

I figure that the production company owes me the cost of those two rents back.

One rent, perhaps. The second can only be attrbuted to your own foolishness, surely?

nbt

Alien Vs Predator was ok, but “requiem” was utter toss

Nick

I’ve not seen most of the films mentioned, it’s normally fairly easy to spot a dud without actually wasting time watching them, that said I did try to watch Mission Impossible 2 once (no idea why) and found that it made me angry at the way my life seemed to be disappearing at an alarming rate, so I turned it off after 10 minutes.

willard

Cougar – Member
    One rent, perhaps. The second can only be attrbuted to your own foolishness, surely?

Steady on chap… If you’re going to do these things, do them 100%!

Just thought of another one: Bride and Prejudice. I was made to sit through it at home thanks to my sister giving it to my wife as a present. Now I know what a wild dog feels like when caught in a trap. Thank god for wine! It’s the only way I survived.

And speaking as a bloke, Mamma Mia was shite.

legend
    Free Member

Oh, and Paranormal Activity. The two main characters were so utterly unlikeable I was rooting for the key-moving demonic raptor that lived in the attic.

i think putting a $15,000 movie into the ‘Big’ catagory is pushing it a bit…….. but yet the guy in it did deserve the bullet

Cougar

Steady on chap… If you’re going to do these things, do them 100%!

That perhaps came across a little more harshly than I intended, sorry about that…!

MrSalmon
    Free Member

+whatever for 2012. Also Skyline and, from a bit further back, Devil’s Advocate- you know, where Al Pacino is, right, the devil? Geddit?

verses

The Miami Vice film was also pap.

mogrim

Avatar, hardly ever go to the cinema and this reminded me why. Titanic was crap, too.

Quite like Independence Day, not a film to take seriously but with a couple of beers inside it’s perfectly watchable. Unlike Showgirls, which should be ideal but in reality is utter crap even when off your head.

Creg

The Hangover – complete and utter crap from start to finish
    Dark Knight – Mates couldn’t recommend it enough so I gave in and watched it and hated every second of it
    LOTR – garbage

Probably loads more but thankfully I have purged them from memory

jimmy

Avatar – very very average considering the hype.

Vertical Limit – When you watch a hollywood film concerned with something you do (mountaineering) the complete lack of reality renders it unwatchable.

Lifer
    Free Member

Slumdog Millionaire.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Waterworld – If there is a worse film I have yet to see it.

2012 – So so so so so so bad.

BlingBling
    Free Member

300 😐

Cougar

I’m startled that people are citing LotR here.

I rewatched the special editions recently, over a couple of weekends, and I’ll concede it’s not perfect. It’s overlong in places (the SE is at any rate); whilst top-notch generally some of the CGI is really bad; and some of the bromance themes are borderline seedy.

However, you surely can’t argue that it’s a masterpiece of a movie on the whole? LotR is an immense ask for any filmmaker, that it came out as well as it did is a triumph.

I’m not a LotR fanboy particularly, and I do understand why some people wouldn’t rate it particularly highly. But the worst film you’ve ever seen? Really? All I can say is, you need to watch more films.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Waterworld – If there is a worse film I have yet to see it.

There are plenty of worse films around than that! Sure it’s not great but I do think it gets unfairly singled out.

roper
    Free Member

Love Actually
    What a poorly made, sickly, sour bag of badly acted pointless babble that was. Quite disgusting really.

The Matrix
    Non thinking persons philosophy class. Badly acted, mediocre, wishy-washy and predictable.

I do like some films though, honest.

flange
    Free Member

The Expendables

I wasn’t expecting much. They delivered less.

Truly shocking film, I cannot explain how bad it was without punching something….

Sawyer
    Free Member

Sin City. Horrible, horrible waste of time.

Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland made me really angry, and I’m still not quite sure why.

Sawyer
    Free Member

Sin City. Horrible, horrible waste of time.

Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland made me really angry, and I’m still not quite sure why.

EDIT: Double post, but I think they both deserve to be on the list twice.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

There really should be more hatred for ‘The Core’ and is perversion of everything scientific!

Sin City is probably the best conversion of a graphic novel in to a film, the way they managed to translate static frames from the graphic novel to the screen is extremely well done.

Sawyer
    Free Member

In that case the graphic novel needs to share a fair bit of the blame too.

Mark

What film won best picture oscar last year?

That one.. The popular one.. Yup.. I hate it. Worst film ever. Lots of people not as clever as me said it was awesome.. I thought it was rubbish..

What was it again?

😉

_tom_
    Free Member

Avatar. Seriously shit and predictable storyline. Good vfx though.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Shallow grave, the worst film in history!

Sawyer
    Free Member

What film won best picture oscar last year?

I don’t think you could call The Hurt Locker a big film.

Northwind

I shall now defend Titanic and Pearl Harbour. Wish me luck.

Titanic: The entire film is just about the ship sinking. All the bits before it hits the iceberg are just to show you the ship, it’s just a guided tour. Then all the running around inside the ship as it sinks is more of the same. So tune out the plot and it becomes massively better.

Pearl Harbour: The raid is, in parts, very cool. And some of the Doolittle raid parts are also very cool. So, you know how they make director’s cuts, which are always longer? There should be an audience cut, which is about 1 hour long and is nothing but the raids but with less Affleck. Perhaps we could develop a computer program that replaces his face and voice with John Cusack. In any case, if you can bring yourself to rate the film just on the good bits it comes out quite well.

billybob
    Free Member

+100000000 for 2012 – soo boring both me & me missus wondered off to wash the dishes to hopefully wait for the exciting climax, it was still going on when we came back..

How about Battlefield earth? John Travolta’s religious nut movie?

Any of the current spoof films like epic movie, scary movie etc…

hot_fiat

Another vote for “The Expendables”.

I laughed all of the way through at: the direction; the plot; the cinematography; the endless list of really big names who’d foolishly signed up to the entire debacle; the cheek of the cinema for a) showing it and b) charging me £7.50 to see it; everyone else in the room who was in the same situation; the plot; the plot; the plot; the lack of plot and then later, my how I reeled with laughter when I found out they’re making a sequel!

technicallyinept
    Free Member

I quite enjoyed it at the cinema but, in hindsight, Indiana Jones and The Crystal Skull was more of a let down than Star Wars prequels.

john_drummer
    Free Member

speaking of “Lost In Translation”…

two bored people meet up in Tokyo and spend the next 2 hours being, well, boring.

Houns

Lost in translation

Royal Tenenbaums

Any star wars

Any LOTR

Any Harry Potter

racefaceec90

man where to start. A.I (what a load of …) godzilla (i love the japanese films.hated the hollywood version) the wicker man/itallian job remakes (why did the have to be remade?) independance day (a massive waste of time money) i won’t go on (apologies if someone has already said the films that i have,haven’t read thread)

haakon_haakonsson
    Free Member

I’ll have to defend the LOTR films, but then I’m a big fan of the books and I think that Jackson did a good job of translating the story to celluloid. How can you not like the battle scenes where Aragorn (Strider), Gimli (the dwarf), Bernard Hill (Yosser Hughes) and Gandalf (moving pretty rapid for an old bloke) beat the $#!+ out of a load of orcs. Having said which, Orlando Bloom as Legolas (the elf) was a bit of a t1t. I would have liked to see Tom Bombadil too.

My vote for worst big film would have to be the second in the “Matrix” trilogy, watched it in the cinema and was bored rigid. Judging by all the fidgeting and chatting going on, so was the rest of the audience.

Star Wars prequel films were pretty rubbish too. Jar Jar Binks – why?

Edit: just remembered that Bernard Hill’s character was called Theoden

GEDA
    Free Member

LOTR – So so dull. Dull film with no soul at all. The landscape in New Zealand is beautiful but just too empty for it to feel right. It ended up looking like a cheap TV adaptation like Xena, Warrior Princess but with a bit more money thrown at it. Rubbish for the same reason that the New Star wars has no soul but the old ones did. Everything too clean as it is done in CGI instead of using real sets and real locations. In LOTR all the ancient cities, ruins and building looked like they had been hastily built out of cardboard and polystyrene and plonked in New Zealand.

I can see how the Yanks may fall for it but we come from Europe for gods sake, thousands of years of history and you are taken in by middle earth alla Disney land. I know they are not rated as much as “Fanboy” films but compare them with the look of the Harry potter films (ok not the Quiddich CGI) and I hope you know what I mean.

Sawyer
    Free Member

LOTR is an outstanding set of films.

I’ve got to disagree with any mention of The Matrix trilogy too.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Memento – not necessarily a ‘big’ film, but one which people rave about. I thought it was self indulgent BS.

+1 for the LOTR trilogy. The first one was OK, but taken together the amount of hype they received was incredible. Any film where the hype involved how many swords, axes, orc masks they had to make is always going to end up being a disappointment.

edhornby

I’m glad so many people are saying LOTR, I went to watch the first at the cinema and that was excruciating, then it just stopped and the credits went up…. rubbish

Haakon – whether it was a good book or not, the film should stand or fall as an artistic work in it’s own right, lots of bad books made into good films so equally possible to have good book, bad film

actually most of Peter Jackson’s films are rubbish, overlong and indulgent, he thinks’s he is smarter than really is…

dunno if it counts as a big film but Napoleon Dynamite, big steaming pile of

Forrest Gump, rubbish

oh yeah, the second and third Pirates of the carribean, interchangeable indeterminate boring p00

pypdjl
    Free Member

No Country for Old Men … massively tedious.

Sawyer
    Free Member

What, really? I think that’s one of the top 5 films of recent years, astonishingly good.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 118 total)

The topic ‘"worst 'big' film I've ever seen" thread – Take 2’ is closed to new replies.