Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Worried about beer
  • andybrad

This is going to sound daft. I stopped drinking beer about a month ago and have recently started getting back into the odd pint.

Worry is its making me really ill. Not like hung over ill but feels like being punched in the stomach ill. Not had this before and ive given up alcohol before.

Any suggestions as i like beer.

Less issues with wine or whiskey……

woody2000

Try a gluten free beer maybe?

ton

good quality real ale makes me feel amazing. good old fashioned natural goodness.

you drinking beer or lager?

JEngledow
    Free Member

I get this too 😥 Wine is even worse and I can just about get away with Cider and spirits. I presumed it some sort of IBS (based on nothing more than Google!) and just don’t drink much anymore (which makes life easier with a 3yr old and 6month old)!

Cougar

Stomach or higher up?

Klunk
    Free Member

disappointed 🙁 thought it was going to be like the “I’ve got a drug problem” gag !

funkmasterp

I avoid beer for this exact reason. Don’t know why, but stomach ache and interesting bowel movements are guaranteed 🙁

perchypanther
    Free Member

It’s not a disease, it’s an Alement

andybrad

both beer and larger.

beer less so, Had half a can of larger last night as the pain was giving me cold sweats!

nuts!

Cougar

*applause*

Maybe it’s caused by a yeast infection?

Yak

I’d be Hopping mad if I couldn’t drink beer anymore.
    Sounds Mild though, so I wouldn’t worry too much. Maybe Por ter’nother and see what happens.

prawny

As woody says, how are you with other Gluten filled foods? The wifes cousin is terribly intolerant (and a Coeliac) so can only drink spirits and I think cider.

Her twin brother can pound the tins though, so maybe you should just push through it 😆

DezB
    Free Member

Maybe its the size of the larger you’re drinking.

andybrad

tbh im not sure if its been brewing for some time and the abstinence has just highlighted it?

I didnt know you could get gluten free beer? If i walk into my local in brighouse and ask for it what am i likely to receive?

perchypanther – Member

winner 🙂

tbh im just in pursuit of hoppyness

Coyote
    Free Member

If i walk into my local in brighouse and ask for it what am i likely to receive?

Dark looks and guided to the door most likely.

Garry_Lager

Ale in pubs is probably more hit and miss now than it’s ever been. Sent more pints back in the past 2 years than the preceding 20. The triumph of real ale is great and all, but some places just have no business serving it.

Mackem

This has happened to me too. 🙁

badnewz
    Free Member

Unless a proper real ale pub, most pubs including the big chains don’t know how to keep the ales. So you end up with really flat ale, that tends to give me a stomach ache too.
    I stick to real ale in real ale pubs, but switch to lager anywhere else.

slowoldman

I’d be Hopping mad if I couldn’t drink beer anymore.

Bitter too.

BigJohn

It might be the sulphites

Coyote
    Free Member

I stick to real ale in real ale pubs, but switch to lager anywhere else.

Ditto.

ahwiles
    Free Member

increasingly, beer gives me crippling headaches.

half a bottle of wine? – fine.

half a pint of beer?* – like a migraine, but worse, for a couple of days.

(*and it’s the ‘good’ stuff that hits me hardest, mass-produced lager doesn’t do it)

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

could be many things and diagnosis via de interwebz is not recommended.

Having said that I’ll throw in it could be the first signs of type 2 diabetes as in fact it could be the first signs of totally nothing or just getting old.

go and see a doctor.

bigjim

What about other carbonated drinks? Try a can of fizzy pop. I have reflux/indigestion issues and carbonated drinks can be very irritant if my stomach/oesophagus has been irritated by a bout of reflux etc.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Worried about beer’ is closed to new replies.