Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • World Cup Comes Home (Fort William obviously!!!)
  • wideboy
    Free Member

Can they do it again?!

Who’s keen?

Predictions?

I’m going for a team GB 1,2 in the ladies, and a GB podium in the gents, too close to call which places though.

Pretty excited 😀

Already have the sunshine dance on the go!

See you there.

pictonroad

That would be the dream, I’m being persuaded into attending by my friend.

I think it’s 700 miles 😯

Can you recommend a campsite, we’re just going to turn up…

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m going for a team GB 1,2 in the ladies, and a GB podium in the gents, too close to call which places though.

Agreed on the women – Rachel then Manon, with Ragot 3rd.

Men top three – Gee, Bryceland, Gwin (but maybe not in that order).

Unfortunately I’ve somehow booked myself for a road sportive that day so will be desperately trying to avoid the result until Monday eve when I’ll get the chance to watch it on replay.

wideboy
    Free Member

If it’s even half as good as last year it’ll be worth every one of those 700miles!

Closest to event park and ride will be these guys, but that means a decent walk into town if you’re heading in. Not sure how busy it’ll be though…

Also see the WC website accom links here

Being Scotland, you can wild camp somewhere quiet as long as you look after the place and tidy up after yourselves, but then you’ll need to drive into town to catch the bus, not much parking on event day!

Agree with the ladies positions, and Gee for a podium, not sure on Ratboy though… Would like to see Hart post an error free run and see what he can do.

As always I want to see old man Peatty teach the young ‘uns a thing or two 🙂

pictonroad

Cheers, think I’ve found a place from that WC link. I want to see Ratboy win just for the novelty factor of seeing him on the podium at his home race.

Is it worth taking an inexpensive bike to knock around on. Where’s the party at on Saturday night, in Fort William town itself?

bigtimebones
    Free Member

I am going to be there, cannot bloody wait!

1st WC, been to a few local and national events but I hear they are nothing in comparison.

chvck
    Free Member

Went last year and it was a brilliant weekend. The atmosphere in the arena watching riders come in was ace. I can’t remember the name of the place where we camped but it had some wooden chalet things too and was a bit out of town, that probably doesn’t help at all.

I reckon that Rachel first and Manon second is a pretty safe bet so long as they both keep it together. Mens is too hard to call but I reckon Gee and Minaar will podium.

maxtorque

I think it might be closer between Rachy and Manon than in the last years. Manon has really found her speed this year i think!

For the lads, well, i’d love to see Ratboy on the podium at the very least, and surely Gee will be right up their too, but if anything the Mens race is closer than it’s ever been i think 😉

PrinceJohn

I think it’s 700 miles

642 there & 642 back for us… Starting the journey on Thursday!

Can’t wait…

wideboy
    Free Member

Amazing atmosphere last year, entire crowd willing on every rider which was nice to see.

I didn’t make it to town though, we were staying just outside town and had already had enough beer for one day 🙂

Remember to bring any old bits of bike to use for encouragement purposes!

I’ve got my stantions and knackered rims packed already!

elliott-20
    Free Member

3am Friday start for me and a mate for the drive up. Hoping the weather holds good.

Mr E20 just doesn’t see why all the excitement. – hoping to take the kids in the next few of years. 😀

curtisthecat
    Free Member

I am so excited. Last year was awesome and this year we are going up with some friends and one of the friends lad is racing in the juniors. Hopefully be able to pull a sickie on Monday as there is supposed to be a big party on Sunday.

elliott-20
    Free Member

Hopefully be able to pull a sickie on Monday as there is supposed to be a big party on Sunday.

Yeah we’re off till the Tuesday because I can see us having a relaxed Sunday night.

*BTW, I meant Mrs E20, not Mr in my previous post, too excited to type properly 🙂

wideboy
    Free Member

Yep, Monday off is a must to get the full experience, ideally tue too 😉

BigSteve
    Free Member

We went last year and had a great time. I got some absolutely stunning pics (well I think so) of both of the Athertons. We’re going again this year. We only have 400 miles each way, but setting off on Thursday and heading home on Monday. Can’t be doing with the rush back then work on Monday.

See you all there.

bren2709

Manon was flying at Ae different class.
    Ratboy all the way, looking good for Win!

cfinnimore
    Free Member

YEHAAH!

Best week of the year. Two week holiday started yesterday, 6 hours on bike racked up already, leave for Fort Bill on Thursday for a weekend of beer & bikes & beer. It’s home for me so Mrs. C & I get fed and watered by mother, everybody wins.

Bryceland, Hill, Dale.

wideboy
    Free Member

Best pack the wellies!

MET office

At least the wind will keep the midgies at bay 🙂

Maybe a mud fest will let Hart show us those big ass bXlls again!

legend
    Free Member

Other than in the woods, a mud fest isn’t really possible at Ft.Bill

murf
    Free Member

I guess I’m spoiled being from Ft William and now living an hour away. My eldest lad is 3 so time to continue thethere should be indoctrination process. I took him to a national series XC race and he wants to go back next time on his balance bike!

Rain and mud is all part of the experience but the course has changed massively since 2002 when I first went and there shouldn’t be many muddy bits.

PrinceJohn

So give us you spectating tips?

pictonroad

Will be setting off tomorrow to get past London, will drive til we drop and find somewhere quiet to get our heads down. Hoping to make it as far as Birmingham, then up early and knock off the next 400 miles.

We have Gondola tickets, what’s the best option? Should we stuff our bags with supplies and stay out on the mountain?

legend
    Free Member

Start at the top and work your way down so that you’re at the finish for the last riders

PrinceJohn

How long does it take to walk down?

cfinnimore
    Free Member

My spectating tips are watch practice/qualifying from the hillside on Fri/ Sat and stay in the arena on Sunday.

If just there for Sunday… Get in early. I’m always surprised how many people seem to show up at about 12pm.

peabrain
    Free Member

How busy will it be on Saturday?

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Going by past years about half as busy as Sunday. Even for the top 10 elite Men.

Hell, I’m going up today and I don’t bother with Saturday.

It’s good for getting some shots of the stars & pootling about in the pits though. The difference from Sat at 1pm to Sun at 1pm is beyond belief.

kayak23

Really, really want to see Ratboy take a win.
    Ratboy
    Danny Hart
    Gee…

Don’t want to see no thanking of God, thanks Mr Gwin…

Manon for the ladies, she’s getting close.
    Rachael
    Ragot

mattbilliard
    Free Member

Will it be on tv?

frogstomp

You can watch it on Red Bull TV

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Jealous. Last time I was up there was 3 or 4 years ago when Gee won and I’ve been desperate to get back up since. Unfortunately baby number 3 due any day now so no chance.

Looking forward to taking all the kids up one day, but will have to make do with Red Bull TV this weekend.

I hope everyone who goes has as much of a good time as I’ve done in the past.

wideboy
    Free Member

Other than in the woods, a mud fest isn’t really possible at Ft.Bill

Tis true, especially with the extra gravel they were choppering up last week. Woods will be super sketchy, and pretty hard work, but everything else will be as normal, just with possibility of poor vis through the goggles.

Heading to the Fort tonight, up the hill Fri and Sat. Weather looks pretty good Fri, and the Sat forecast is looking better.

See you on the hill, have a great weekend!

peabrain
    Free Member

Thanks, my wee lad has qualified for the final of the Scottish Youth Mini Downhill which is on Saturday morning. Quite glad it won’t be as busy as Sunday!

ricardo666
    Free Member

Driving up from Liverpool, setting off at 8am, should be there for about 4pm.

Couple of stop offs at feeding stations, and some fresh air at Loch Lomond.

Havent been for a couple of years now. Then stopping over in Peebles.

scruff
    Free Member

Is the Canadian Chainsaw Massacre riding ?

scruff
    Free Member

I’ll answer my own question, yes Stevie is racing.

yunki
    Free Member

This time last year I was staying at Golspie (well Brora technically, the next village along)

THE most amiable hosts, a coupla days of family time, a coupla days sightseeing, a coupla days on the Wildcat trails, and then a drive over to Fort Bill on the Sunday..

We had blistering sunshine all week and NO midgies!!

Where can we watch it online..?

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Redbull.tv Yunki.

Just back from a bimble up Nevis Range. Apocalyptic midge environment.

maxtorque

Claudio is pretty handy on that bike, to ride and chat down that at the same time. My version would just be one long swear word, top to bottom 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘World Cup Comes Home (Fort William obviously!!!)’ is closed to new replies.