Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Woo-hooo! Off to a snowbound cottage for new year.What are y'all up to?
  • duckman

In Glen Clova,Car full of food and suprise,suprise, drink.Clova hotel with it's guest ales about a mile away.It's not bike weather,but Santa brought me new crampons which will get used methinks. Should be good to catch up with long missed mates as well over a cheeky wee nip.Broad Cairn with a sair bunnet the morn!

aviemoron
    Free Member

Hope you get there, dumping here in Aviemore.

Smee
    Free Member

Good luck at getting in there.

soops
    Free Member

Working! 😥

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Will be on top of Mam Tor in the Peak District at midnight.
    Happy New Year to all.

Creg

working at the pub

joy

marsdenman
    Free Member

working at the pub

did my stint on that, late 80's / early 90's and enjoyed it – tips were good and there was one heck of a staff party after closing 😀

One of my best New Years ever though was at Malham – about 12 of us in an old bunk house……. local pub knew we were coming but did not quite know what hit them – in the nicest possible way 😀

Today we are mostly out for what has become our new year tradition. thai banquet in Hudds – early train in, couple of beers whilst it's quiet, banquet, taxi back to the village at 10.30. Meet other friends in the local…

Tomorrow morning – Brunch at one of the locals – they've had the great idea of offering a full english with as much coffee etc as you can drink, newspapers etc for a tenner – yep, cheaper 'at home' but, we feel it's a nice, civilised way to start the day!

Have fun all!

duckman

Ha! Taking the F-I-L's Landy! Only 30 miles from here; I would WALK if I had to.

samuri
    Free Member

Working now, going to drop everything and go out for a ride in a minute, last of the year. zip back here to do some more work and then start getting ready for the new years party that we seem to be hosting.

Drac

Supposed to be working but got home late last night from a short stay in hospital with kidney stones, busiest time of the year so don't want to be off but still a bit fatigued. If I don't go to work I'll just be on pop anyway not touchy alcohol for a little while.

flip
    Free Member

Spending the night at the penthouse at the top of the Rotunda. 😉

Iconic 70s architecture in the centre of Birmingham, this is to fulfill a long held dream..

thegreatape
    Free Member

Trying to dry out my hall carpet and walls after a pipe leaked upstairs when we were away for Christmas.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I too used to do the pub thing – always worked Christmas eve and boxing day (hugely busy because they do a charity tug-o-war across the river with a rival pub) but never worked NYE. Always went to the pub though. This year a quiet one with friends with our children all sleeping upstairs (hopefully).

GrahamS

Well my wife is working nights, almost all my mates have babies to look after and the snow means the one mate that was available probably won't make it 😥

so looks like I'll be welcoming in 2010 as a Billy 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

I am going for a chinese meal with a mate, his lady and another mate. To be honest after a heavy week i would rather do a 'GrahamS' and stay in tonight and catch up on my films.

Haze

Curry 😛

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Hopefully a quiet night in

roach

Bit of a shindig and indian curry (hmmmm jalfrezi) round a neighbours house 😛

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Woo-hooo! Off to a snowbound cottage for new year.What are y'all up to?’ is closed to new replies.