• This topic has 22 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by fi.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Womens fanjita friendly saddle recommendation
  • RustyNissanPrairie

for the wifes crappy little Giant full sus bike so it hopefully gets used a bit more than the 2 times it has been in the last 5 years. Terry seats look good but are a bit pricy.

Owt else?

nbt

Mrs NBT hated her Terry saddle, also hated the charge saddle she tried. She used only specialize body geometry saddled with the cutout in the important areas 🙂

tragically1969
    Free Member

Fizik Vitesse are worth a look, its what my Mrs has on all her bikes.

mieszko
    Free Member

Specialized BG Sport, pretty soft, still not a sofa but comfy for shorter rides. My GF did a 40km ride with me without any complains, also the Spoon is supposed to work for the ladies (there is a ladies version available as well). Both are pretty cheap brand new (around £20+) and can be had even cheaper used. If You decide to get something from Wiggle I've got a £5 off £25 code going spare so You can have it, will get the price of the Charge down to £20…

epicyclo
    mbs2010
    Free Member

Mrs mbs is another who swears by the Fizik Vittese.

matt_outandabout

Mrs_oab detested her Terry's (2 different ones), now on a Fizik something and it is much, much better (and no silly cut outs that make everyone go 'why does it have…?')

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

I don't like my saddle very much – It's a charge spoon. Width doesn't seem too bad, but it's still bloody uncomfortable! I haven't tried all that many, but the only saddle I ever thought remotely comfortable was one with a cut-out..

monkeychild
    Free Member

Wtb she?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

expensive fave selle italia gel flow womens specific, like this one i think

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?PartnerID=79&ModelID=21982

cheaper second fave on other bikes WTB pro gel wimmin specific similar to this

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=25669

epicsteve
    Free Member

My wife has one of the WTB she saddles and seems to like it.

Bludgeon
    Free Member

The selle italia gel flow womens specific get my woman's vote too…

… I had to pay for it tho! :-/

nickegg
    Free Member

My wife likes the Charge Ladle (womens version of the spoon). Only £25 too.

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

that selle italia thing will probably be my next saddle. it's rather ugly and unfortunately expensive, but it'll be dead comfy

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I don't think the Selle Italia's look so bad when they are on. Definately worth the money IMO . . but picking a saddle is hard! I hated the Fizik Vitesse that came with my Cube so I would just get her a few to try and make sure you can swap them and try others.

Klunk
    Free Member

the mrs really gets on with her charge Ladle.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

My wife seems to get on with all Spesh BG saddles from the basic one that came with her Rockhopper to the evil looking Phenom SL on my Stumpy (we fit the same size bikes!)

jobbyheid
    Free Member

TBH, if she's only sat on it twice in five years, any saddle will be uncomfy.

cinnamon_girl

Decent saddle in conjunction with decent shorts. Minimalist all the way for me!

My favourite Selle Italia:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Womens/11/Selle_Italia_SLK_Gel_Flow_Ladies_Saddle/5360022444/

banginon

+1 wtb she

mafiafish
    Free Member

My ladyfriend has a bontrager race lady saddle and a charge laddle. She says from the stove: (she's a woman) "the bonty's good for xc as it's thinner and less obtrusive to pedalling but the charge is more comfy as it's a bit wider. Both Fanjita friendly"

Cougar

I was told by my LBS that size is more important than padding, specifically the distance your sit-bones are apart. LBS has a foam pad thing to measure this, but you can improvise with a piece of corrugated cardboard.

Put the 'board down on something solid like a hard chair or low coffee table, and sit on it leaning forward as you'd be in attack position on the bike. Your arsebones should leave two distinct dents; measure these centre to centre, this gives you your saddle width.

Dunno about other makes, but Spesh sell BG saddles in a range of widths, should be able to get a closer fit from there.

fi
    Free Member

I'm another "cut out" fan. I have a Bonty CRZ on one bike (don't think you can get them any more though) and I think a Specialized BG on another. I need to get another for my Jekyll and I'm not looking forward to it as it's difficult to make a decision based on what lots of different shaped people tell you fits them best.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Womens fanjita friendly saddle recommendation’ is closed to new replies.