Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 98 total)
  • Women moaning about retirement age…
  • You want the same jobs, you want the same money. You even live longer than men.

Suck it up…

😉

iDave
    Free Member

wot he ^^ said

jon1973
    Free Member

we should never have given them the vote 😆

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

here, here

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yes of course, because it’s so easy for a 60 year old woman to find a job.

In fact there is such a desperate shortage of available labour, that they should force everyone to work until they are at least 70.

I can’t understand why youth unemployment stands at almost 1 million.

Farmer_John
    Free Member

youth unemployment stands at 1million because 400,000 of the 500K Jobs that were created in the first quarter have been deservedly snapped up by immigrants who get off their butts and managed to find work.

Apparently despite not having jobs, many (by no means all) of our young people really don’t see why they should take a job “beneath them” – it’s much better to engage in a life of sloth.

nickf
    Free Member

Yes of course, because it’s so easy for a 60 year old man or woman to find a job.

Sorted for you

trailmonkey

Apparently despite not having jobs, many (by no means all) of our young people really don’t see why they should take a job “beneath them” – it’s much better to engage in a life of sloth.

it scares me a little that there are people out there that actually believe that crap.

are you allowed to drive a car/ operate machinery, stuff like that 😯

Yes of course, because it’s so easy for anyone to find a job right now.

sorted for you

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

And they’re off.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Farmer_John – Member

….. our young people really don’t see why they should take a job “beneath them” – it’s much better to engage in a life of sloth.

Have you ever met a “young person” Farmer_John ?

philconsequence
    Free Member

*digs out the biscuit tin despite today being the start of a new healthy eating effort*

*puts kettle on*

*puts feet up on desk*

young people will ruin this country! previous generations of young people never had an problems, all hard working geniuses, there was no recorded crime committed by people under the age of 24 in any generation apart from this one. single parents,TJ being called something nasty, wikipedia statistics, baby robin, iDiet disciples will save the world, thatchers fault, mods vs rockers, school dinners, maddy mccann, drunk driving, teachers strike, blame the parents, there are twice as many boobs in the world than there are men! politics, kids face next time, wimminz rights, SPDs, elfinsafety, photo of a building in london, lolcat.

geetee1972
    Free Member

The most laughable part of this whole story is the way the media chose to report it. To paraphrase in summary, what has been said is basically:

‘It is unfair that some women in their mid 50s will now have to work up to 18 months longer than they had expected’.

The corollary of that statement might be

‘It is unfair that men have to work 18 months longer than women before being eligible for a pension they will, on average, draw down on five years less than women’.

The counter argument by some women’s groups is that there had been an expectation and planning based around a lower retirement age. Which is a bit like a white person in post apartheid South Africa complaining that some benefit they were previously entitled to this year has had to be pushed back by two years because there are now many more people that the government also needs to include.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Oi Phil – you can’t do that! All the debating points in one post. ‘snot fair

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Which is a bit like a white person in post apartheid South Africa complaining ……

You noticed that too ?

When I first heard this story I thought, “this is just like the end of Apartheid”

djglover
    Free Member

Suck it up they should indeed!. I can’t see why whilst my retirement age goes further into the future these women’s shouldn’t. To say they are old and nearer retirement is frankly another ageist build on an already ageist policy

MrsToast
    Free Member

I’m a woman, and I think we should have the same retirement age as men, seems ridiculous that we get to throw in the towel five years earlier – especially given that we tend to live longer.

I want equality – I want my boss to stop insisting that I’ll defintitely want kids in the next five years. I want the same promotion and pay prospects as my male colleagues, without my bosses holding back because they think promoting me will be a waste of time because I’ll probably quit work to drop a sprog. But I don’t think you can ask for equality, apart from in situations where it doesn’t suit you. Well, you can, but it makes you a massive tosser.

Troll fed…:P

donsimon
    Free Member

we should never have given them the vote

Women have the vote? 😯
    WTF? When did this happen? How did this happen?
    It’ll be driving licences next!!!! 😯 WTF is the world coming to????
    Outfreakinrageous!!!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Women have the vote?
    It’ll be driving licences next!!!! WTF is the world coming to????
    Outfreakinrageous!!!

Genius!

hels
    Free Member

I want 6 months off work on half pay to pursue a lifestyle choice…

Every couple of years for about 10 years would be nice.

cranberry
    Free Member

Women have the vote?
    Outfreakinrageous!!!

I know – who would have thought 50 years ago that Saudi Arabia would end up the last bastion of fairness and common sense ?

Onzadog
    Free Member

So with retirement ages creeping up and me being mid thirties, is there an equation that helps me work out how old I’ll be when I finally meet retirement age? Please don’t tell me it’s n+1.

donsimon
    Free Member

Ever thought about getting your lazy ass through a PGCE course? It couls be the answer to all your dreams.

Burls72
    Free Member

So with retirement ages creeping up and me being mid thirties, is there an equation that helps me work out how old I’ll be when I finally meet retirement age? Please don’t tell me it’s n+1.

I can answer that one for you, if your working class you’ll work until you die. Gets my goat stuff like this, at least you will be able to retire.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Why shouldn’t you work until you die?

Sorry that sounds troll like…. what I’m trying to say is what is the history of retirement, when did 65 get set as the retirement age… I’m guessing early 50s.

Back to being a troll….. What’s Brazilian/Russian/Indian/Chinese retirement policy ?

hels
    Free Member

What is PGCE ? If I don’t have to have babies it could be a goer…

randomjeremy
    Free Member

End universal suffrage now!

midlifecrashes

The pension was introduced in something like the current form in 1926, when 34% of men lived long enough to claim it, 40% of women.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Why shouldn’t you work until you die?

Can’t think of a reason.

It was only a fluke of demographics that made living for years in idleness affordable. It never did make sense, and now people are racing mountainbike in their 70s they should be working too.

I intend to work until I drop. I’d go mad(der) without something to do.

molgrips
    Free Member

Move to Finland then.

If you have a kid you get a year’s paid leave, that you can divide between the mother or the father as you see fit. Then you can argue with your wife/partner about it 🙂

hels
    Free Member

No, I want the time off work but not the kids !! Need to dust off that “How To Fake a Pregnancy and Get Away With It For Dummies”. How difficult can it be ? Who checks medical certs anyway ??

Look tired and stressed all the time, sick all over clothes, I could just drink loads and party. Borrow a kid for the nauseating “bring the sprog into work for coo-ing” ritual.

Woody
    Free Member

TBH I’m surprised that ‘retirement age’ hasn’t been the subject of a court case, or has it?

It’s blatant sexual discrimination.

nbt

PGCE = learning to be a teacher

and yes, I’ve never understood why women got to retire first when they live longer and are obviously superior to men in every way (before you react, would you rather “sleep” with a man or a woman? There you go then)

Ro5ey
    Free Member

The pension was introduced in something like the current form in 1926, when 34% of men lived long enough to claim it, 40% of women.

I’m surprised by that… and it leads to the questions

What was the life expectancy in the mid 20s BEFORE the discovery of Penicillin?

Guessing the avergage age was far lower too

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Bored in work… looked myself

http://www.parliament.uk/documents/commons/lib/research/rp99/rp99-111.pdf

From this… in mid 1920 LE was about 55 (for men)… so 65 is ten year OLDER than that. Today LE is 75.

KennySenior
    Free Member

Women have the vote?
    Outfreakinrageous!!!

You think that’s bad, I saw a police car being driven by a woman the other day! Whatever next.

ourmaninthenorth

Retirement age and nmortgages being 25 years were for much the same reasons – there wasn’t the expectation that (1) people would spend up to a third of their life living off what they earned in the previous third and (2) houses were to be seen as investments.

Oh, hels, stop trolling – you find me a majority of employers who provide maternity pay at 50% of income for 6 months….

TheBrick
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    Yes of course, because it’s so easy for a 60 year old woman to find a job.

In fact there is such a desperate shortage of available labour, that they should force everyone to work until they are at least 70.

I can’t understand why youth unemployment stands at almost 1 million.

In general a job someone with 45 years of experience will be good /want at is not the same job a school,leaver will be good at / want.

ourmaninthenorth

I think what amuses me most about discussions like these is the assumption that it’s always OTHER PEOPLE causing the systemic issues we have….

Which is probably why we’re in this mess in the first place.

hels
    Free Member

I’m not trolling I’m deadly serious – in fact I’m going pillow shopping at lunchtime…

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

So with retirement ages creeping up and me being mid thirties, is there an equation that helps me work out how old I’ll be when I finally meet retirement age? Please don’t tell me it’s n+1

I put it into the WHO calculator, seems you’ll die before you get old

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Women moaning about retirement age…’ is closed to new replies.