• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by joat.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Woman shot by oven, man shot by dog. Only in the US.
  • wwaswas

From the ‘you couldn’t make it up school of hospital admissions’ we have two contenders.

I’m pleased the dog’s not been banged up, though. Maybe he’s a gun dog.

Gregory Dale Lanier, 35, of Frostproof, Fla., told police Saturday that he and his dog were in their truck in nearby Sebring when the dog kicked a gun that was on the truck’s floor, the Highlands Tribune newspaper reported.

Lanier wasn’t seriously injured, said Sebring Police Cmdr. Steve Carr, who actually said police didn’t arrest the dog because the investigation was pending, the Tribune reported.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/26/17107343-florida-man-shot-by-his-dog-police-say

Aalaya Walker was visiting a friend in St. Petersburg Monday when they decided they wanted some late-night waffles, The Tampa Bay Times reported. So Walker began preheating the oven — unaware that her friend, JJ Sandy, 25, was storing a magazine from his .45-caliber Glock 21 in the oven.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/21/17045722-woman-shot-by-oven-while-trying-to-cook-waffles?lite

scaredypants

I’d like to live in Frostproof, Fla

it’s just down the road from ****wit, I believe (edited for **** clarity)

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Injuries from a heated live round not-chambered would be very minimal, and even then only from flying brass fragments. The bullet wouldn’t travel far if at all.

So ‘shot’ for the second story is a bit far fetched.

molgrips
    Free Member

That ammunition in the oven thing is fairly common afaik. No idea why people put bullets in the oven tbh, dry them out maybe?

stavromuller
    Free Member

‘Fraid it’s not only in the US, chap at the bottom of my street was shot and killed when his dog knocked over his shotgun that was leaning against his pickup. Very messy business.

molgrips
    Free Member

chap at the bottom of my street was shot and killed when his dog knocked over his shotgun that was leaning against his pickup

Surely he’d have had to put it down loaded, ready and cocked for that to happen? Is that not really bad practice?

scaredypants

yes molgrips, hence the catch-all title often applied to people who die in such circumstances

footflaps

Is that not really bad practice?

Well the good news is he won’t make that mistake again!

sunnrider
    Free Member

late-night waffles

Pretty much all you needed to hear. This fool will die sooner than later anyway, don´t lose sleep over it.

joat

A class mate of mine was shot by his dog in the same way. Put loaded cocked shotgun against fence while he climbed over, and his dog knocked it whilst following and it went off. It was point blank, and shattered his tib and fib. Bad practice yes, but he would have been about 16 at the time and we’ve all gotten away with things which in hindsight were bloody stupid.

khani
    Free Member

They need more guns, if some hero bystander with a gun was present, they could have shot the oven, or dog.. and prevented it from happening..
    More guns is the answer..

bwaarp
    Free Member

A class mate of mine was shot by his dog in the same way. Put loaded cocked shotgun against fence while he climbed over, and his dog knocked it whilst following and it went off. It was point blank, and shattered his tib and fib. Bad practice yes, but he would have been about 16 at the time and we’ve all gotten away with things which in hindsight were bloody stupid.

Has no one heard of a gun sling….ffs lol

Cougar

Mmm, latenightwaffles.

footflaps

More guns is the answer..

Should be mandatory for all kitchen appliances to come with them fitted as standard. That was, the washing machine could have shot the oven as soon as the oven raised the gun to fire…

joat

I don’t think anybody was lolling bwaarp. 🙄

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Woman shot by oven, man shot by dog. Only in the US.’ is closed to new replies.