Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Without a dog..how do I stop neighbours cats sheeting in my garden?
  • rockhopper70

….

supertramp
    Free Member

you can get special pellets to stop them doing this and they do work. You don’t need many, just one per cat, and they come in two sizes 2.2 and 1.77.

The costly part is the air rifle to go with them 😆

before you call the RSPCA and complain it was a joke – not a good joke but a joke all the same!

monkeychild
    Free Member

Air rifle?
    Poison?
    Hoe far do you wantnto go??

project
    Free Member

if its a small garden a sprinkler will soon see them gone.

damo2576
    Free Member

You don’t need a dog.

TheBrick
    Free Member

My Dad’s 94 year old uncle uses salmon mix with antifreeze and a 4-10 shot gun.

rockhopper70

All very helpful so far.
    Not too bothered about killing them, just stopping the parcels being delivered.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Waterpistol.

petefromearth

i got some stuff from b&q that you can dilute in a watering can. seemed to do the trick for a while. i’m sure there’s a cheapo alternative if you google it

i did use the hose a couple of times, but we don’t mind it visiting, just not pooing in the flowerbeds

Blower
    Free Member

TheBrick – Member

My Dad’s 94 year old uncle uses salmon mix with antifreeze and a 4-10 shot gun.

that would be a good solution

SilentSparky
    Free Member

Having a wee in there normal spot, it can put them off.

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

on a serious note: cats dont like citrus smells/flavours so maybe marking it with lemon juice?

samuri
    Free Member

Do you have small children? Equipping them with supersoakers works well.

Also, you can get pellets and rods from diy shops.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Procter-Pest-Stop-Repeller-Rods-Pack/dp/B000TAT7VE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1309116409&sr=8-4

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

1 litre or 2 litre pop bottle, label off, fill with water and place in centre of the garden.

thegreatape
    Free Member

How many people do you need to shoot your air rifle supertramp? 2.2 inch pellets – that should be fun!

singletrackmind

I did read somewhere that lengths of hose pipes with red stripes applied and stick on eyes did the job. Cat thinks they are snakes in the grass and poos eleswhere

project
    Free Member

CharlieMungus – Member
    1 litre or 2 litre pop bottle, label off, fill with water and place in centre of the garden.

Posted 51 minutes ago # Report-Post

A neighbour used to do that,but nobody knew why, and she wouldnt tell anyone why.

But now i know, and shes gone.

Gruenermoench
    Free Member

And that’ll stop cats crapping in my garden? Does it work for foxes too?

Sandwich

Borrow a hungry constrictor snake. Snake will only manage 1 cat per week or so. It’s a long-term solution.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

And that’ll stop cats crapping in my garden? Does it work for foxes too?

It will stop the cats, not sure about foxes, but maybe their Glacier Mints may produce a similar effect.

ratadog

Traditional answer always used to be nip round to your local zoo and acquire some lion dung – ideally by negotiating with the keeper rather than the lion. Never met or heard of anyone who has actually tried it and always wondered if it would in fact work, but, now I come to think about it, if anybody has been daft enough to try it then STW may be exactly the sort of place to find them lurking.

So, in the immortal words of the great Delia of Norwich – Lets be ‘avin you. Frankly, I am going to be jolly disappointed if nobody on STW can put my mind to rest on this matter.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

A neighbour used to do that,but nobody knew why, and she wouldnt tell anyone why.

But now i know, and shes gone.

Yeah, sometimes it can be too powerful.

NZCol

Used tea bags , soak in bleach, scatter in garden. Works.

supertramp
    Free Member

I once put a sign in my front garden ‘can you please stop your cat crapping on my garden – the CCTV does work’

Next day some one had thrown the contents of a litter tray over my car!

gwj72
    Free Member

st – that is *almost* fair enough. I had my cat spayed recently and the vet says to me, “don’t let her jump up on things and run around”. It’s a **** cat. What am I going to do? have a stern word or threaten to ground her?

Cats do pretty much as they please regardless of your views on the matter.

jon1973
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Ev19NsDQ4[/video]

jon1973
    Free Member

Next day some one had thrown the contents of a litter tray over my car!

They’d be getting that back through their letter box if they did that to me.

rockhopper70

how does the bottle of water thing work?

kevj
    Free Member

Orange peel or similar scattered around the boundary will stop them coming into the garden. It has to be fresh though so will only last a day in hot weather.

M6TTF
    Free Member

Get a bag of broken slate from b and q, scatter around the plants or in the top of the planters. Gravel/ stone works too, but only if it’s not too fine. Also get some small wooden stakes like you use for supporting new plants and dot them in the area. Local cats were crapping in our planters and the above stopped it

Wookster

PMSL @ charle mungus just what I needed on the first Monday at work after a week off!

neninja
    Free Member

1 x offending cat
    1 x Hessian sack
    1 x short length rope
    3 x house bricks
    1 large body of water – a river, lake or big pond should work fine

Cat problem done

Cougar

Orange peel or similar scattered around the boundary will stop them coming into the garden. It has to be fresh though so will only last a day in hot weather.

This.

ransos
    Free Member

Cats do pretty much as they please regardless of your views on the matter.

That’s true, so the easiest solution is for the owner to offer to clear up any offending parcels.

BigJohn

Cats sheeting in? Are the cats sailors?

epicyclo

Snake idea won’t work.

When I lived in North Queensland our cat regularly despatched any snake that came into the garden – usually brown snakes which are very dangerous.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

how does the bottle of water thing work?

Dunno, some folks have suggested, cats are very private with poops and the bottle distorts their view, so they are loss poopy, others that it makes them think they are being watched and all sorts of other ideas. However they are all premised on the idea that anyone has any idea what is going on in a cat’s mind. Nevertheless, in place of theoretical basis, empirical evidence is that it works.

mtbfix

A friend of mine has a super-soaker at his back door and if he sees a cat in the garden he’ll nip out and squirt it with water. Doesn’t stop them all but he reckons they are less prone to visiting his vege beds.

alpin
    Free Member

have you ever disturbed a cat mid-poo?

if not, try it. go running full tilt, screaming and waving your arms at the pooing cat. the cat won’t be able to run off till it’s stopped sh1tting.

used to do this on the beach in Gran Canaria (massive cat problem) and never failed to amuse me.

RealMan
    Free Member

have you ever disturbed a cat mid-poo?

if not, try it. go running full tilt, screaming and waving your arms at the pooing cat. the cat won’t be able to run off till it’s stopped sh1tting.

used to do this on the beach in Gran Canaria (massive cat problem) and never failed to amuse me.

😕

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Without a dog..how do I stop neighbours cats sheeting in my garden?’ is closed to new replies.