Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Winter riding dilema
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ax3M4n – Member

What I don’t appreciate is self appointed MTB custodians, in an ever invasive Nanny State trying to tell me when, where and how I can’t ride.

The same is arguably true of other pastimes, where civilized, well behaved, practitioning Joe Public is put upon by apparent do-gooders, with no discernable benefit other than to befuddle and deject a hitherto enjoyable hobby.

Well you ar3e going to be happy when there is no singletack left for you to ride. I have never heard such a load of arse in all my puff. Attemping to justify your selfish actions. Screw you jack.

You can bury your head in the sand all you like but the actions of MTBers are eroding trails away – anyone with half an eye and half a brain can see this

How about some social responsibility and attempt to minimise the damage you do

Ax3M4n
    Free Member

@TandemJeremy

Speak to the hand dude…..

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Clearly have to as you have no brain nor conscience to speak to.

MrAgreeable

Should I be avoiding my local trails during the winter months as I may end up contributing to a general trashing of my favourite bits? Stick to the relatively weatherproof Trail Centres untill Spring? Or carry on regardless through the mud?

Trail fixer here. No problem at all with people riding maintained trails like Ashton Court in winter, and I recognise that not everyone has the time to come out and lend a hand – as long as some do!

Riding in the wet is ace, you can’t beat a bit of drifty skiddy fun at speeds where a fall or a mistake is much less likely to end badly. However it does change trails over time – not necessarily for the worse, but sometimes it results in a soggy mess which then gets widened by people going round it, or a new trail gets made a few feet to the side, doubling the amount of erosion. But the amount of trails that get really shagged by bikes going over them is pretty small in the grand scheme of things.

MrAgreeable

This also seems like a good time to plug our next trail day, for any Bristol types:

http://www.bristoltrailsgroup.com/events/158-50-acre-trail-day

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ax3M4n so you object to the nanny state preventing you but you cannot engage in a reasonable debate and your attiude is f@ck you I wont do as you tell me etc
    People like you are the reason we have a nanny state and regulations not people who can excercise freedom and responsibilty at the same time.

epicyclo

Junkyard – Member
    …people who can excercise freedom and responsibilty at the same time.

That sums it up nicely.

Ride it and repair it when you see it needs it.

You, not the next person.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Winter riding dilema’ is closed to new replies.