Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Winter gloves
  • roughneck
    Free Member

Any good ones out there? My 661’s have had it!

jordie
    Free Member

Seal skins winters are super toasty

Northwind

The Fox Antifreezes are brilliant… But slightly faffy as they’re a 2-part glove, inner and outer. You can wear just the outer on less cold days but when you’re wearing both it’s a wee bit of a pain to take them on and off. But they’re amazingly warm considering how slimline they are- they don’t impair how I ride at all unlike some bulkier gloves, and they’ve got a regular wrist fastener etc so they’re not loose or baggy etc.

I’m in the market for a lighter weight winter glove too… Main requirement is that the ****ING LINER DOESN’T COME OUT or get twisted up or turn inside out or otherwise leave me out in the snow trying to poke the liner back into the fingers with a stick. And no bulky palms, loads of the good ones seem to have palm pads which I hate. Any suggestions?

ton

best winter glove ever is the extremities velo glove.

Merak

Extremeties look good.

I have these which are great.

Lobster

Northwind

Those Extremities look great… Can you promise me they won’t turn inside out?

ton

they will deffo not turn inside out.
    i have used them for 5 years, got 3 pairs which i rotate.
    nevis sport in leeds stock them.

jonb
    Free Member

The liners on my sealskinz doesn’t come out when you pull your hand out. Tried a few before I found some that didn’t.

The handle of a butter knife or a wooden spoon is the easiest way I found of getting the fingers back in. Even contemplated carrying one on the trail.

Northwind

Thank you Ton, you should get commission- Velos ordered, cheers!

roughneck
    Free Member

Any more good ones out there

stayhigh

You can oreder them from Sports Direct for £22.

How well do they hold up in the wet as not listed as waterproof?

FuzzyWuzzy

I went to try various winter gloves on in Cycle Surgery the other day, every pair (about 8 different models) all had the liner screwed up inside so I couldn’t get my hand in – kind of feel sorry for the shop! That said I’ve not had a problem with my Sealskinz, you just need to pay a bit of attention when taking them off.

MentalMickey
    Free Member

ton – Member
    best winter glove ever is the extremities velo glove.

Do your hands stay warm even when gloves are soaked through in bitter weather?
    Looking for something to replace my sealskinz from last year but must be toasty even in a downpour, sub zero temperatures.

Ax3M4n
    Free Member

I bought some North Face Windstopper for inclement weather hiking up the Lake district peaks, but I’ve found myself wearing them on morning commutes.

They’re a bit chunky on the grips, but they keep your hands warm, and even though they get damp in the rain your hands stay warm, I suppose it’s a bit like a wet suit, but they’re not rubbery.

Northwind

stayhigh – Member

“You can oreder them from Sports Direct for £22.”

Slightly cheaper from Field & Trek, which I think is actually Sports Direct with a different name on the website.

m_t_b
    Free Member

anyone tried Endura Dexters ?

DaveL
    Free Member

How do the Velo’s size up (with them saying close fitting) I usually take a medium, but my 661 Storms were a large.

Cheers

Dave

fruitbatlover
    Free Member

I bought the Craft Siberian Gloves from Always Riding recently, based on the other rider reviews. So far they’ve been brilliant, really warm:

http://www.alwaysriding.co.uk/craft-bike-siberian-glove-261.html

Blackhound

I always get cold hands, even after 2/3 miles of riding. I have also gone down the Always Riding / Craft route but bought these:

http://www.alwaysriding.co.uk/craft-thermal-split-finger-glove-635.html

Not yet cold enough to need them yet – but will do so.

stayhigh

A friend at work has just got a pair of Northwave Arctic gloves which look and feel very nice. Waiting to hear back from him on how wellthey work while out riding.

uplink
    Free Member
    DaveL
    Free Member

Cheers Uplink

Dave

superfli
    Free Member

I have some Fox AntiFreeze and my fingers get cold in them. They are nice looking gloves and have had decent reviews, so maybe its just me. My fingers do get cold easily. On my m/bike I’ve had to get elec gloves – heated grips, £150 goretex gloves, I’ve tried loads and only the elec gloves keep ’em warm.

matt_outandabout

I have bought a pair of Montane Extreme gloves and compared to the Endura’s of last year (rubbish) and Extremeties of last couple of years (not warm at all, especially when wet, and sweaty as) they are the business.
    The idea of a pertex back seems daft, but having used them on a couple of very wet hill days and very wet commutes, I can see why. They basically take the Buffalo ‘you are gonna get wet, so you may as well be wet, warm, comfy and dry really quickly’ line to the next level. OTT for 90% of rides I suspect, but warm as a warm toasty thing on a warm day and so lacking in sweatyness it is great.

Northwind

My Extremities just arrived. Not close to as warm as my Antifreezes but certainly simpler. Won’t be using them as a full-on winter glove but they’re very nice.

stayhigh

Had a chat with my frined about his Northwave Arctic gloves today and he’s very impressed with them. Survived a monster downpour and toasty warm too. Think I may just get me a pair come payday.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Winter gloves’ is closed to new replies.