Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Winter Digging
  • toyrobot
    Free Member

Anyone else been out digging?
    I mailed Billy over at Dirt Mag with some links and we got a mention today.

Winter Digging Scotland

The boys are all pretty chuffed but the irony is that I'm the only one not to get a picture included as I take all the pics.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Not yet but I think I might try and grab a few hours this weekend. Go for a walk around the woods with a shovel and the new hardtail to test stuff.

toyrobot
    Free Member

Do it!
    We've talked about it for ages, tried a few little bits here and there. A couple of weeks ago we got a spade, a rake, a fork and a small saw (for branches, didn't cut anything down) within a few hours we were looking at some track. Within 2 days we were riding top to bottom. It still needs a bit of running in but we should have some pretty good summer days up there.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

Last saturday a few of us started turning a few baby jumps into something a bit better in Croydon. Hope to keep going over the next few weeks and make a six-pack

toyrobot
    Free Member

HA ha, leggyblonde, we had to try and make ours a bit secrative. I suspect that wasn't a concern for you?

leggyblonde
    Free Member

The original dirt was dumped a few years ago by the council for the local kids to turn into "jumps". Fingers crossed the parks people don't object to our changes. We did get a few funny looks from the dogwalkers mind

MrAgreeable

We're busy in Bristol at the moment

If that looks miserable, just think what it's like riding through it. 😉

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

A bit of digging and a bit of trimming on the Mendips are resulting is some nice cheek slowly opening up.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Ooops sorry misread it as "winter dogging" 😉

jedi

yeah of course. building is good for the riding soul

leggyblonde
    Free Member

there's a popular dogging car park about 2mins from that DJ spot, you could combine the two!

foxyrider
    Free Member

I didn't say I WAS into dogging LG – are you? 😉

leggyblonde
    Free Member

OK, one could combine the two 😉

foxyrider
    Free Member

OK – ADVERT: Come and Dig and Dog 😉

neilnevill
    Free Member

I can't see the photo but I'm guessing addicombe hill.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Winter Digging’ is closed to new replies.