Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Winstanley bikes, still in business ?
  • boardmanfs18

So ordered a croix de fer frameset on Monday, I know it takes longer and they warn you on their site.

But has anybody ordered anything lately and actually have it turn up ?

As read a few tweets about people waiting 3weeks plus for orders to arrive, bloody lockdown paranoia !

P-Jay
    Free Member

woah deja vu

paulhaycraft

Yep, Got a bike for my son. Arrived in a little over a week. And it was an “in stock at supplier” item so was probably a couple of days longer than it might have been.

boardmanfs18

Thanks Paul, slightly reassuring.

julians
    Free Member

Winstanely Bikes… are they going under?

TLDR ; Still in business but probably should have gone bust years ago

paulhaycraft

Looking at that other thread, perhaps our one came straight from the supplier……

boardmanfs18

Oh just seen the other thread, that’ll teach me for not checking trust pilot but I did a search on here a few days ago and nothing came up.

Oh well fingers crossed but not confident…

itlab
    Free Member

Similar story here

Ordered about £60 worth of bits on the 23rd. Dispatch email received on the 26th (without a tracking ref). But no sign of anything on my door step.

Sent them an email yesterday to chase but the web side says they are 9 days behind so I’m guessing it will be mid way through may before I find anything out.

(As a balance i placed a few orders with crc and couple of other smaller shops at the same time that all arrived in a few days)

boardmanfs18

Well if I don’t hear from them, I’m going to contact trading standards, looking at the trust pilot reviews, they really should not be allowed to operate a business, COVID or none !

mandog

Took weeks for my bike to arrive.

ticsmon

Rode past the other day and there was about 30 bike boxes at the back, half of them empty. They looked busier than ever. I got an exposure light from them a few weeks ago and it took nearly two weeks to arrive. They’ve never been the fastest getting in stuff you want

paule
    Free Member

I ordered a tandem from them 10 days ago, and have heard nothing… No longer on their website either, I’m hoping that means I got the last one but half expecting a cancellation email. Fingers crossed!

kingofthetoys

I delivered a tandem for them in Chorley last week

boardmanfs18

I doubt you’ll get an email from them, judging by the reviews.

How can they let a business like this operate, if we all spoke to trading standards, do you think things might change ?

Northwind

ime Winstanleys are often selling stuff they don’t have, with the intention of getting it quick from the supplier then sending it on. Wouldn’t be surprising if a lot of that is currently less smooth…

They “sold” me a Hope wheelset and kept telling me they d checked with Hope and they’d have it in a day or two and would send it out, I’d definitely have it by the end of the week, then the end of the next week, they didn’t know what was going on, all a mystery… I called Hope myself and they didn’t have the rims in stock and didn’t know when they’d have them.

boardmanfs18

So considering Winstanleys have not probably got the 2019 CdF frame in stock, even though they say they have online. And it definitely is not available at any other store or supplier, as I checked.

What do I do ? I don’t want to wait ages for them to send me an email telling me they haven’t got it in stock etc etc.

Can I cancel the transaction through my credit card provider, even the twunks have taken the funds ?

boardmanfs18

Looks like they might be reading this !

Just had a phonecall from them saying they have it in stock and will be dispatched today !!

I did send an email with URGENT in the title, querying if it was in stock or not.

transition1
    Free Member

Ordered a Hope front hub Sunday that was in stock, turned up today did get email to say shipped so all good

burnside
    Free Member

I’m in the same boat. Ordered a Kinesis gravel bike a couple of weeks back and the website stated that it would take 4 days to come from the supplier. I then had an email somewhat later stating that it would be with them and dispatched on 4/05 and I’d have an email on the same day. Got to give a bit of leeway given the situation but from reading all this I’m starting to think that I’ve made a mistake and should probably think about cancelling.

misterdun
    Free Member

Placed an order with these jokers back on 15/04. This sat as ‘processing’ for some time so I requested to cancel. They sent me an email to say it was on order with the supplier and I sent a further 2 emails requesting to cancel (no reply to any of my emails). Guess what my item has shipped today, let’s hope my return and refund doesn’t take as long! Last order with them!

nick1962
    Free Member

Ordered a Croix De Fer frame late on 5/5/20 after reading this thread 🙂 arrived today.Great price too 😉
    They managed to get me a Rockshox Yari last year ,also at a great price which I couldn’t find anywhere else in the spec I needed.

boardmanfs18

Mine just arrived, small chip in the paint on the rear stay but it was half price…

tdog
    Free Member

Thanks for reminder OP

put an order in for last item in my size on a very healthy discount indeed

Seems to be arriving 2-3days in advanced than originally stated

Stoked as been a while since I supported them
    Bit pissy that can’t speak to a human to answer queries mind

burnside
    Free Member

I gave them until today to reply to my emails. Nothing doing, so I’ve sent an email asking for a refund. Fully expecting to have to go to the CC company to push this along, based on the TrustPilot reviews that keep popping up. I’ve also told them that I’ll refuse delivery if they send the bike after today – I’ll be ordering from someone else.

They had the lowest price by far but I’ve learned my lesson. Shudder to think how it would go if I’d received the bike and there was a warranty issue or similar.

It looks to me as if they just can’t cope with demand but in that case they should stop taking orders, surely? At the moment they’re effectively just borrowing money from lots of people.

pid
    Free Member

My road bike frame snapped at the dropout last month – bought from them a while back so told them, sent it back as it’s still under manufacturer’s warranty. They’ve had it three weeks and I haven’t heard anything at all – only confirmation is from the courier that it was received and signed for. Have been pestering them ever since simply to confirm that they have it and not a sausage of a reply.

So, hopefully it’s just they’ve been selling stuff they don’t have and neglecting existing customers (after all, I don’t want to give them any money for this) and not the sort of thing they’d normally do, but my patience is wearing very thin. If you’ve ordered something and it arrives, then I hope there isn’t a problem with it in the near future!

sparksmcguff

Maybe they use Hermes for deliveries. That email you get telling you Hermes has your parcel for delivery reads more like a ransom note.

tdog
    Free Member

Yes they use Hermes

My only concern is Hermes opening my parcel like in past

Yodel are even worse news for damaging & opening packages

Lol at muppet yodel driver believing cat food was more than just cat food

alcolepone
    Free Member

there is a bike on Ebay they are selling, that I’m very tempted by. In theory they have it, as its a photo’d, its scratched, and so a bit cheaper than brand new. I messaged and checked, they said it is still available.

Anyone else had experience through their ebay side? I would be buying via credit card, so should be safe.

binman

Bought a new Stans Flow rim from them a couple of weeks ago. In stock at suppliers so took a couple of weeks, arrived this week, all relatively uneventful. Just need to stay sober one evening long enough to lace it up

chakaping
    Free Member

If they’ve put it on eBay that means they actually have it, I wouldn’t hesitate to buy.

convert

Bought on ebay from them in the past for cheaper stuff than a frame. Not because it was them but because it came up in an ebay search. Both worked out fine. One of the two times I clocked it was cheaper direct but too late.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Got a Fox X2 from them last week.

happybiker
    Free Member

I bought a Kona from their website last month, it arrived in about a week

Kahurangi

here is a bike on Ebay they are selling, that I’m very tempted by. In theory they have it, as its a photo’d, its scratched, and so a bit cheaper than brand new. I messaged and checked, they said it is still available.

Anyone else had experience through their ebay side? I would be buying via credit card, so should be safe.

Problem with digging up a 8 month old thread to ask a new question is folk will start reading the thread without spotting the date and keep replying to the OP (well, 2 out of 5 is pretty good!)

If an item is for sale on ebay then they have it, crack on.

ogden
    Free Member

I had a thread last year all about these shysters! If they haven’t gone bust I hope they do! Wouldn’t go near them again.

woollybackpaul
    Free Member

I ordered a saddle on Sunday, delivered yesterday.

mccraque

I’ve been waiting some winter shoes for a month now. Winter will be over by the time I get them at this rate. Probably not their fault. I blame Boris.

chakaping
    Free Member

Probably not their fault. I blame Boris.

Much as he might like to, he hasn’t managed to trade Wigan off to the EU yet.

endomick
    Free Member

Seems like the way they do things relies on not being in a long term pandemic, I’ve used them for years, usually very reliable pre covid with some great prices on components and riding gear, bought most of my Hope stuff from them, their shimano prices aren’t great but I usually go CRC or Merlin for shimano stuff.
    I’ve not used them through the covid months but hope to be back when the doors open if the doors open.

Northwind

Yeah, their business model of “pretend we have stuff in stock then get it in after a customer places an order” would have hurt them a lot I reckon.

OTOH they may some day come through with those Hope Hoops Pro 2s on Flows that they promised me were going to arrive any day now…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Winstanley bikes, still in business ?’ is closed to new replies.