Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Wingnut bags – in particular the Hyper 3.0
  • whippersnapper
    Free Member

Does anyone have a Wingnut Hyper 3? And if so what bladder are you using? Or, does it fit a Camelbak Crux Lumbar 3l. I have one of these brand new but no bag to put it in, or no bag that it fits in. If it will not fit in the Hyper 3 are there any other similar packs I should consider that will accommodate my awkward bladder. Ta in advance.

craig5

I use an osprey 2ltr bladder (possibly 3ltr, I will check when I get home) in my wingnut 3.0. A lumber type bladder wont fit because the wings are a separate compartment to the main body. Osprey bladders are so much easier to open & close to camelbaks. I’m very happy with mine, and love the wingnut. I don’t know of any packs that fit camelbak lumbar bladders except camelback packs such as the skyline 10ltr (which I also have). The wingnut is my go to pack because the skyline is a bit to small for a mountain morph.

singletracksurfer

I use a ‘normal’ 3 litre bladder in my Wingnut. As craig5 says the lumbar bladder only fits the camelbak bag.

thepurist

I use this bladder (https://www.wiggle.co.uk/camelbak-crux-lumbar-3l-reservoir/?sku=100314108) in a Hyper 2.5 – if fits OK, benefits from a fold on the non hose side when it’s only got a litre or so jn it, and pretty much fills the bladder pocket when it’s full. If you contact max at rough ride guide he can send you a demo pack to try.

jamj1974

I’ll second the use of a normally-proportioned bladder and the Osprey bladders too.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

What about Hydrpak shape shift?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Wingnut bags – in particular the Hyper 3.0’ is closed to new replies.