Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Windows 8 versus Windows 7
  • Cougar

No, I think it’s those things the donkeys wear on Blackpool beach.

SamB
    Free Member

I’ve just upgraded my laptop to Win 8 (from 7).

It drove me up the wall for the first couple of hours! I had to use google to find out how to turn the damn thing off, etc etc. However, once you’re used to the interface, it’s actually really good… The main issue a lot of people have is “the Start menu has gone”. You need to think of it instead as “the Start menu is now a whole screen” – which is actually much more usable then a small menu.

You’ve got the same type-to-find function as in Win 7, but you can filter by programs / files / settings. Commonly-used apps can be given their own tile on the screen – and the tiles can be ‘live’ if the app has the functionality present (e.g. the mail app tile will show unread messages as they come in). You’re not tied to any tiles – I’ve removed the Music and Video tiles and replaced with iTunes.

As Cougar says – give the new UI a try before putting some hack in place to get the old look back 🙂

Cougar

Well,

I’m downloading the eval version as we speak, so I’ll be able to have a play later today. VMWare FTW.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Windows 8 versus Windows 7’ is closed to new replies.