Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • will the O2 shop be offering the same new deal on iphone as carphone warehouse?
  • steelfan
    Free Member

carphone warehouse are doing a new deal on the iphone from 3rd april, basically its alot cheaper to get one but you have to sign upto a 24month contract. Will O2 themselves be offering the same deal?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Probably not, but you can ask them. I’d rather deal with O2 direct tbh.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Wouldn’t touch anything that locked you into a 24 month contract

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Do you reckon you can keep a pretty little phone like that in good working condition for 2 years?

jam-bo

it’s only because there is a new one out soon and they are trying to clear stock…

theginjaninja
    Free Member

Wait til June.

mboy
    Free Member

it’s only because there is a new one out soon and they are trying to clear stock…

What he said.

Wait til June.

What he said too.

They’ve obviously got stocks they’re trying to clear of the current 3G iPhone in preparation for the new iPhone that is said to be coming out around June this year.

cp

basically its alot cheaper to get one

only about 6 quid. If, after 18 months on the £35 tariff, you drop down to SIM only at 20 quid a month, for very similar benefits, then over two years you save an almighty £6.89 by going for the 24 month tariff.

to answer your original question, yes, 02 are offering the same deal direct. not sure if it’s on the website yet, but they told me about it last week on the phone. I would never ever deal with CPW. Are you an 02 customer at the moment?

as for the comment on the new iphone – what sources state a new one is coming? I know there are ‘rumours’ but last year, it was Feb time when Apple stated a new one was coming and mid year when it came… nothing this year yet from Apple direct?

could they just be matching the deal orange have been doing on the htc touch HD?

steelfan
    Free Member

thanks for the info everyone.
    My gf has had one since it first came out and its still in excellent condition I guess it depends on how you use or abuse your phone.
    I’m not an o2 cust yet.
    When I say cheaper to get one I mean the cost of the phone on a 35 month contract. At the moment 155 for 16gb now will be 57 ish. Most of my calls are work related so my employer pays for most of my calls.
    You had probs with CPW then CP?
    where does it say a new iphone is out in june can someone back it up with a link?

kelvin

iPhone will be June, and there will be no official announcement before the actual launch

steelfan
    Free Member

how do you konw this Kelvin do you work for apple ?

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

o2 often have refurb’d units as new but in an o2 box. i.e. 18 month contract @ £35 16GB you save more than 1/3.
    Worth a call.

cp

no one can back up ‘new iphone will be out’ – there’s rumour (google it) but apple havn’t explicitly said anything other than there’s new software. If an announcement is made in June (there’s an apple conference then), then it will be another few months after that i imagine before they hit the ‘shelves’.

I’ve not had anything to do with CPW (other than being hacked off by their sales people when i have wandered into a shop), but my sister has had direct experience with them. Never again!!! Lies, broken promises, constant chasing, renewal of contract after cancelling…

i was quoting overall costs of ownership including buying the handset where appropriate…

cp

the actual ‘refurb’ deal at the moment is:-

* for upgrades to existing customers (according to the 02 women i spoke to)
    * 8gb for free (if/when they come in)
    * 16gb for £100 on £35/mth, free on £45/mth

steelfan
    Free Member

ty CP

theginjaninja
    Free Member

Apple have in fact stated in their quarterly earnings conference call that they are working on a yearly refresh cycle. ie, the last one was released in June. It’s common knowledge on the interweb. Also as many people have stated if they’re discounting there’s bound to be a new model along soon.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘will the O2 shop be offering the same new deal on iphone as carphone warehouse?’ is closed to new replies.