Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Will a Thermos keep my soup warm til lunch? Like proper warm?
  • munrobiker
    Free Member

I fancy having some soup for lunch instead of sandwiches, but I work in the field. I’ve not used a Thermos before, will it last from 8am until 1pm?

Any good ones out there?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Maybe not piping, but decent enough.

jon1973
    Free Member

A proper glass one should.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Try it and find out?

And Thermos do make good flasks yes 😉

munrobiker
    Free Member

Mastiles- I’m not paying for things for them to be gash 😡

Kuco

Yep no problem, as long as you heat the soup efficiently and pre warm the flask.

butcher

I have a crap mini steel ASDA one and it keeps soup warm until that time. A proper decent Thermos should keep it hot no problem.

jon1973
    Free Member

I’m not paying for things for them to be gash

They only cost a few quid and I think the supermarket branded ones are as good as Thermos. We got a 1.8ltr one for about £8 from Tesco.

donsimon
    Free Member

Mastiles- I’m not paying for things for them to be gash

It would appear that they’ve made a bit of a business out of selling them. 😛

druidh
    Free Member

As above – an “old-fashioned” glass-walled one will be fine. The metal ones struggle, even if pre-heated before filling.

Muke
    Free Member

I use an Aladdin Challenger flask,have left coffee in there from the morning and it was still hot next day

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ohh and get a flask that will be full to the brim – less air will mean the contents stay warmer for longer.

Kuco

Don’t have a problem with my Stanley or Berghaus metal flask.

singlecrack
    Free Member

+1 for Alladin flasks
    I have made soup at 7am and still pipping hot at 3pm
    Also as said above per warm the flask with boiling water first .

Pop a handfull of pasta in the flask with your soup and it cooks in the soup ready for lunch time

ebygomm
    Free Member

I take soup to work in an Aladdin metal flask. Soup is always still hot (hot not warm) by lunchtime (6 hours from heating soup).

midlifecrashes

Proper Thermos metal ones are good, have taken hot choc out in winter and found it still drinkable hot 36 hours later.

Kuco

Actually I take back what I said about the Stanley flask as this is my third one, crap made in China. Though a mates made in the USA one is brilliant.

13thfloormonk

Have a basic Primus one from Blacks, never occurred to me to preheat (d’oh!) but it kpet my soup nicely hot till lunch. Best £16 I spent this winter.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

buy a camping stove and leave in your van

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Steel Aladdin here, use it for coffee on journeys & picnics. Doesn’t lose a lot of heat in 10+ hours, also have a plastic one which is nowhere near as good.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

ive got a stainless steel coleman flask that ive had for 15+ years that keeps things hot. it’s kinda what they’re designed for really. keeps hot things hot, or cold things cold. in sort of a “vacuum”.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I heard David Beckham got one for when he was training. He’d seen Alex Ferguson’s & asked what it was, Fergie says, ‘It’s a vacuum flask Dave, it keeps hot things hot & cold things cold, if you want it to’. So Beckham turns up at training next day with one & Alex says, ‘hi David, I see you got yourself a vacuum flask, what have you got in it’? Beckham says, ‘some nice hot coffee & a choc ice boss’.

Ah well, the old ones are the oldest. IGMC.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Will a Thermos keep my soup warm til lunch? Like proper warm?’ is closed to new replies.