Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Wilko Johnson
  • Pigface
    Free Member
    Napalm
    Free Member

Very sad indeed.

flip
    Free Member

😥 super stage presence.

cooie

Man, that’s sh!t news 🙁

gordimhor

Had a memorable night watching dr feelgood at the coatham bowl in Redcar 30 years ago (sound was awful but the gig was excellent overall ) no wilko that night but saw him with the solid senders just a few days later ,raw exciting and dynamic can only imagine what dr feelgood were like with wilco

cinnamon_girl

Oh no. 🙁

Was lucky enough to see Dr Feelgood a few times in the early 70’s, this was before they hit the big time. Pub rock ruled! 8)

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Saw him in Putney last year. Was a good night. 🙁

RustySpanner

Arse.

A proper British guitar hero.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFcgVJjzwao[/video]

mudmonster
    Free Member

Really sad news.

cinnamon_girl

Cheers Rusty!

How brilliant was Lee on that harmonica?? 8)

jota180
    Free Member

That’s not good news, I saw him a couple of times during the 70s – Punk before we knew it 🙂

swamp_boy

very sad

RustySpanner

CG, I’m very jealous that you actually got to see them.

Oil City Confidential, Julien Temple’s documantary about DF is wonderful. They’ve shown it on the BBC & it’s out on DVD now too.

Sod it, let’s have a bit more:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL4Z3EWu4Ws[/video]

Muke
    Free Member

Was going to see him last year in but never got around to it, gutted 🙁

He makes it seem so simple…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMlhWvIh7U4[/video]

instanthit
    Free Member

Sadly missed the Feelgoods live but have seen Wilko a few times, awesome performer. Very sad news.

cinnamon_girl

This came up in Google searches!!

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/dr-feelgood

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

saw him in the 70s twice. A total hero.

Missed seeing him at the Forum in Tunbridge Wells last year – I wanted my 16 year old Bass playing son to see him. My son has now played the same venue a few times.

I could cry 🙁

bob_summers

Sad news. Inexplicably (given the stuff I’ve always listened to), I only ‘discovered’ him a couple of months ago when Whispering Bob interviewed him on the radio.

DezB
    Free Member

Ah that’s crap. One of the originals.

Mentioned Dr Feelgood in a thread the other day, cos they still tour but with a completely different lineup to the orginal band.
    Wilko’s played down here quite a few times, but I’ve never made it.
    Will keep a look out for gigs, bet they’ll be a riot.

bigblackshed

Bugger. Great showman.

ton

sad sad news, pure class act.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nyeSGaBcrA[/video]

curtisthecat
    Free Member

I was too young for the Feelgoods but loved Oil City. Awesome band that connects the dots between pub rock and punk.

fenred
    Free Member

My Bass tutor from a few years back has been their Sound Eng for years…How sad yet brave that Wilko is running without therapy!!…Keep on keeping on man!!

ps44
    Free Member

🙁

Bunnyhop

As a teenager I was lucky enough to see Dr. Feelgood a couple of times in Manchester.
    Small venues where you really felt part of the band.

drain

Bummer 🙁 Some of the best riffs and breaks ever. A unique style. And tackling cancer on his terms too, that’s some cojones.

CountZero

😥

SnS
    Free Member

Awww crap ….a proper character & great frontman.

Chris

marco
    Free Member

Shit news. A real Rock”N”Rolla

zippykona

A true one off. Hope he doesn’t suffer.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Ewell Tech College, 1978. Back in the night. 🙁

Muke
    Free Member

Hows about a bit more Wilko for a Friday arvo

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2v2qlX_Urg[/video]

LS
    Free Member

Although it’s not one of his favourites due to the band falling apart at the time, I think ‘Sneakin Suspicion’ has one of THE great guitar sounds.

Very sad news. At first glance he looks like a total nutter but it’s quickly apparent that he’s a highly intelligent, erudite chap.
    Brilleaux was clearly the nutter!

Muke
    Free Member

At first glance he looks like a total nutter but it’s quickly apparent that he’s a highly intelligent, erudite chap.

similar in that respect to Ian Dury and Norman Watt Roy. scary but very talented.

nano
    Free Member

Sad news for anyone of a certain age from Southend (more specifically Canvey)… Mrs Nano texted me as it was in the local paper today..

When I met him for the first time he came across as a someone who was bemused by his fame; for him it’s all about the music

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Muke with Norman too

Ro5ey
    Free Member

As Canvey Island’s 3rd most famous son (after Wilko and Dean Massey)

I truly saddened by this news.

As an aside as a teenager I used to knock about with the Big Figure’s son and had a couple of games of tonsil hockey with his daughter 😆

bigdawg
    Free Member

Ithought something was up when he cancelled the oysterfleet gig last year, but going without chemo is a brave move, although I don’t think we’ll see him perform in the UK again, but would glad to be proven wrong – has shades of lee brileaux all about it..

Also its about time canvey actually recognized the achievements ofthe orig lineup, theres a plaque on a bench in new york, but absolutely nothing on canvey… ridiculous..

fogliettaz
    Free Member

Saw the Dr Feelgood @ the Kursaal numerous times in the seventies, still one of the best bands I have ever seen live.

flip
    Free Member
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Wilko Johnson’ is closed to new replies.