Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • wifi routers
  • zippykona

We need a new one but being numpties we don’t know one from another.Point us in the right direction please or are they all much of a muchness?

toby1

I suspect Amazon reviews are your friend in this case, I know bugger all too, sorry!

stufield
    Free Member

bt home hub 3

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Whats your budget? You on cable or asdl?

Im no expert but our old O2 one died recently so I did some digging. Came across this and got one for about £90. There are different variants of the same thing for just router, asdl router, cable router but you should find them easy enough (they seem to vary from £50 – £90 depending):

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/wireless-routers/1285564/netgear-n600-wireless-dual-band-gigabit-adsl2-modem-router

Its range is at least twice of anything we had before, it’s dual band (for modern devices like an S3), its got 2 usb ports (for a printer and say a harddrive for backups / nas), guest networks, gigabit and usb3 (for faster backups), parental settings, …. and is a doddle to setup and use.

zippykona

Mr coulda. I have no idea what you are on about!
    We are on virgin cable broadband and currently using a dlink 635.Its black has lots of holes and 3 aerials.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

lol. So you’d need the cable version.

The cable version of what I’m on about is this:
    http://www.netgear.co.uk/home/products/wirelessrouters/high-performance/WNDR3700.aspx

If you dont know you need it, then you probably dont and a more budget option would do. I’ve no recent experince of cable routers though.

Whats your budget?

Dibbs
    Free Member

Can’t you get a free one from you broadband supplier?
    My Home Hub 3 is pretty poor, but at least it’s free.

monkeyp

I have one for sale if you are interested. Got it to replace a Sky one only to find they lock you down to their routers and I managed to blag a free new one anyway.

It’s a TP-Link 300Mbps router, model TD-W8960N (it’s the white one not the blue one)

£25 posted

prettygreenparrot

why not just ask Virgin for a fresh super hub?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘wifi routers’ is closed to new replies.