Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Wierd request: medieval fruit wanted – anyone got any medlars?
  • hotgospeller
    Free Member

I'm collecting up specimens of hedgerow foraged fruit for a history class I'm teaching next week. Does anyone have acces to the strange apple like fruit called the medlar…and if so can you post em' to me? 😉

finbar
    Free Member

No, but that sounds like a great lesson. I wish my history teacher had done things like that.

docrobster
    Free Member

I have a friend that lives in ludlow. That place is full of weird shit like this- he makes his own jam and all that. Cooked a squirrel he shot with his air rifle, etc, it's all the rage there!
    I bet there is somewhere in the town that could supply you:
    they have a website here
    not sure if what you want is in season or not though!
    happy hunting!

ton

no, but a love a nice juicy QUINCE……………… 😉

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Don't mention meddlers on here, I can still remember the fall out from the 'Polanski' thread! 😛

IanMunro
    Free Member

I've got some bananas past their sell by date.

infidel
    Free Member

Deffo in season – I got hold of some last week but am sorry to tell you they all got made into Jelly. If you can find them they will be pretty soft now (ideal for cooking but bad for show and tell!!)

hotgospeller
    Free Member

Ho hum!

swamp_boy

You could try asking on here

http://www.tree-care.info/uktc

swamp_boy

You could try asking on here

http://www.tree-care.info/uktc

Oops how did that happen?

Squirrel

It's the kind of thing the National Trust grow in their gardens. In fact, I think I've seen them somewhere, but can't remember where. Try asking the NT.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Wierd request: medieval fruit wanted – anyone got any medlars?’ is closed to new replies.