Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • Wide road tyres..
  • shedbrewed
    Free Member

Gravelkings are easier to puncture. I had a few big punctures in the extralite versions of the steilacoom but being honest I was ragging the bike as it was a race. If I were buying any RH tyres again I’d go for standard casings for the road tyres or endurance for the knobby tyres.

disco_stu
    Free Member

Planet X have some Challenge tyres for sale at the moment – Strada Bianca for £39.99

Challenge Strada Bianca Handmade 700c Folding Tyre

oceanskipper

That’s a good deal on those Stradas. 👍

Ive been reading about loads of faff with Compass and RH tyres in terms of not sealing/using up loads of sealant, leaking air constantly and puncturing way too easily. Also, and most alramingly people are talking about the tyres blowing off the rim without warning!

Now obv people only generally write about bad eperiences but it has kind of put me off them. I looked at some Vittoria Corsa Pros as an option but they are £90 each as well….

It’s the comfort I’m after but loads of compromise in that.

It’s a bloody minefield!

oceanskipper

Right – lets see what the fuss is about then! £40 each is worth a punt. 36mm on order…. Cheers for the PSA @disco_stu 👍😎

P.S for anyone else looking to get some it says on back order expected in 5 days so they might not arrive for a while…

oceanskipper

🙄 Doh.  I didn’t realise that PlanetX one is not the tubeless version. Back to the indecision!

TiRed

£50 per end will buy you GP5000’s and latex tubes in 28c from Sigma Sports. I’ve just bought some 25c for another wheelset and think 28 is overkill on an Open Pro rim (designed for 23c for proper aero). These are not tubeless. If you want the narrow 23c, for all the aeros, they are £35 per tyre!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Just seen on hotukdeals that all GP5000 sizes are ~£40 at Sigma, 23mm are few squids cheaper.

Old winter favourite 4Seasons from ~£38, sadly a good price these days.

£2 bonus cashback for £5+ spend at topcashback today, needs activating.

davy90
    Free Member

Rode to work and back with the new setup. 30mm Pro Ones on 40mm Hunt Aero disc wheels. Probably testament to the Revolt OE set up as no life changing revelations, (or buyer’s remorse). I was carting a tail pack full of clothes and repair kit there and back.

Bit lighter, bit quicker to spin up. Bit faster. Discs look at bit fancier, similar carbon swooshy noise, like the none tanwall look, reasonably comfy, happily coped with manhole covers and surface irregularities, which may also be thanks to seat post and frame compliance.

84-85kg, 60ish psi in the front 65 in the back.

Not certain I’d ever get the tyres back on at the side of the road on a cold day if I had to drop in a tube mind….

Am out tomorrow bike packing the first time in ages so will put the gravel wheels/tyres back after fitting the new Cadex AR 40 which turned up in the fanciest box I’ve ever seen for a tyre… no wonder they are so expensive 🙄

oceanskipper

My Challenge Stradas arrive tomorrow. I’m only allowed to look at them for the next few weeks though as I’m off the bike… I’ll mount them and maybe take a pic instead…

davy90
    Free Member

Put the new Cadex AR on the CXR2 rear, easy on, bead popped in nicely with a squirt from the air tank, opposite experience to the Pro Ones…

oceanskipper

My Stradas arrived today – I posted about them in my other thread…

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Lumpy 200km Audax today. 700/44 RH and nice and comfy on the mixed surfaces.

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.