Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Whyte s-140 ??
  • groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

So now we have a few first look articles and a preview video from STW does anyone have any more info on release date and prices?

chestrockwell

Am I the only one who thinks it looks wrong? Can’t put my finger on why but it’s no looker. Bleugh.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I am not really fan of the ‘look’ of Whyte full suss bikes in general but think if they offered this in black or something more stealth rather than the usual yellow or orange it’d be a winner!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, the yellow is gantin’.

blakec
    Free Member

Details can be found here

https://www.whyte.bike/s150s

Quite like the gulf colours

cokie

S stands for Switch – the ability to fit 650b wheels with 2.8″ tyres and still have UK levels mud clearance. For 2018 Whyte will launch wheel kits that are ready to switch into your bike in the time it takes to go back to your car and change the Eagle cassette.

Interesting.. I like that.

The bit that concerns me is that in 29er mode it’s speced with-

Rear- Maxxis Crossmark II TR, 29″ X 2.25″

That is a small XC/Trail tyre and ‘only’ on a 29mm rim. Not something i’d like to run on a 150mm AM/Enduro bike. Does that mean there’s some clearance issues? I really want to have a go on this though. Also, love the colours.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

29mm is a perfectably acceptable rim size IMO.

weeksy

Oh that’s pretty !

cokie

Also, found the carbon RS version HERE

Can’t find the Works version though.

Nobeerinthefridge- never said it wasn’t. Just pointing out that it’s a medium gauge rim size and trail trail, so the scope for wider heavy duty rim and tyre combos might not be possible.

Edit: I see they’re running Minion SS in the image above.. why not spec that OEM?

Mark

Here’s our official launch report here of the S150

First Look: Whyte S150 Long Travel 29er

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

There is plenty of tyre clearance this time round. I don’t think Whyte would make that mistake again!

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

P.S. here’s the works model: https://www.whyte.bike/s150cw

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

I need a password to see the links on Whyte website – anyone wanna help me out?

Oblongbob

I didn’t a wee while ago but do now. Site was still work on progress so not surprised they’re trying to keep people off for now.

Oblongbob

I think that RS might be just the thing to replace my ageing e120. Hopefully it’ll last me over 10 years like the last one. Not that it lasted 10 years now I think about it…it was an e5 for a few years until the swingarm cracked, then became an e120 via a bonus warranty upgrade, and the frame and is about all of the original bike that’s left now.

thedude
    Free Member

Well the password for the guest area is not goatshagger, if anyone was wondering.

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

The were also finished pages for another new bike that has yet to be announced…

neverbeentomoab
    Free Member

Anybody have any info on the alloy version.

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/whyte-s-150-carbon-rs-review.html

Sounds like Whyte may be on to a winner with this one…

z1ppy

The bottom part of the article talks to the designer & looks to have some interesting info of 29er fork off-set, with actual figures & comparisons to other bikes, will take a closer look later & see if it finally makes more sense than the contradictory info I’ve seen before

kimbers

are they available for demos yet?

Nonsense
    Free Member

Available early September I’ve been told

rockhopper70

The s150s is on my wish list for when I change bikes from my 2004, 26″ wheel Cannondale FS.
    I’m anticipating it riding somewhat differently.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Whyte s-140 ??’ is closed to new replies.