Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Whyte M109 queries
  • towzer

Hi

(sorry wrong forum …)
    would a whyte 109 suit a mate as a 1 bike all rounder. Commute (along towpath/roads) and general biking duties (back roads, mainly light xc type tracks with a blue moon trail centre visit)

are the carbon wheel rims any hassle/more damage prone/require extra maintenance ?

suspension bearing life in mud/winter – ok/easyish to change

are they fairly resaleable ? (he has a track record of leaving things in a wet shed – and this would be too much money to do that with)

anything else – he needs a reliable, lowish maintenance do it all.

Thanks

mrlugz
    Free Member

In a word, yes.
    Although he may be better off with a hardtail given the expected use.

I have one, upgraded to the carbon wheels. Havent noticed any more mtce requirements, but they are noticably stiffer. As for suspension bearings, they are ifetime warranty from whyte. I hear you just take it to the dealer and they replace them. I ve not had to do that on mine, the bearings are well protected from crud. As long as youre sensible washing it, shouldnt be an issue.

I dont know about resale, dont think they were that popular, but I have no hankering to get rid of mine.

1 note. there are 2 versions of rear triangle. The later one has a fillet of weld running up from the brake mount post. There were some issues with earlier versions cracking there.

Mine did, just 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Whyte M109 queries’ is closed to new replies.