Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Why wouldn’t you want to put a CCDB on a Lapierre Spicy 2011?
  • deanfbm
    Free Member

Robhughes- What’s your riding style/locations/weight? How would you describe how you like your setup to feel?

If the answers are similar to the OPs, then that’s game/set/match for this thread then.

Or if Loco comes in obviously since he’ll know all the information required then.

GW
    Free Member

rorsh – your english is letting you down 😕

solamanda
    Free Member

I wouldn’t bother with one unless you are using it for downhill and are already used to a shock with lots of adjustments already. I’ve had one on a dh bike for a few years and have had the luxury of being able to swap out a fox unit to compare. I also can afford to stick on my xc bike but haven’t bothered as it’s overkill and they weigh a ton. There are very few xc trails that really could justify a bike with anything more than what Mr Fox provides with your bike in my opinion as someone who has one of the bloody shocks…

GW
    Free Member

NW – what are you talking about here? climbing on a DH bike or climbing on a med travel all rounder set-up to descend well?

honourablegeorge

Main reason I don’t put one one is because there’s an air one on the way.

the_lecht_rocks

ran a CCDB on my Helius AM for about 2.5 years.

eventually conceded it needed a custom shIm AND INCREASED N2 precharge [for pop] as it was lifeless and prone to pack down irrespective of decreased rebound damping.

eventually, STENDEC managed to sort it out, but from now on, I’ll be riding air shocks on trail bikes.

CCDB for DH makes sense however as the impact speeds / aggression are exCERBATED.

robhughes
    Free Member

deanfbm
    Iv,e used the spicy for near enough everything from DH up at inners and fort bill to my local trail stuff and trail centers in scotland a wales.
    It was great before i gave it to simon at loco as i used a 300 spring for DH and a 350 for xc.
    I then bought a 325 Ti and sent it off for a tune specifically for the spicy curve rate,my weight and enduro style of riding.
    He performed voodoo magic on it and it came back a completely different shock with the compression and rebound circuits changed.
    In my opinion the dhx5 made the stock rp2 seem the completely wrong shock to put on a spicy.
    The difference in how the bike rides is just unreal compared to the rp2.
    If it makes any sense it,s plusher and firmer at the same time.
    Did they stick it there because of costs.
    If you jump over onto the lapierre forum there,s loads of stuff about this.
    It was made for a coil. 😉

Rorschach
    Free Member

In my defence I’ve done 80miles today in gale force 10 and am 3/4’s asleep on the sofa!
    It’s my excuse and Im sticking to it.

LoCo
    Free Member

Cheers Rob, it was only a bit of porting and an arrangement of shims to match the linkage characteristics of the bike and weight of the spring. 😀
    The DHX has the IFP pressure and volume adjuster (boost valve and bottom out) as well which could be used to control the bottom out/end of stroke performance of the shock too, which is something worth bearing in mind when anybody sets their one of these shocks.

j4mesj4mes
    Free Member

Loco, what are your thoughts on a ccdb on a spicy?

randomjeremy
    Free Member

I don’t have a spicy but i stuck a ccdb on my 5 and it transformed the bike, it’s better up ( despite the considerable weight over an rp23 ) and massively better in the rough stuff on the way down. So good in fact I got rid of my other bikes, this thing does everything brilliantly be it mincing round trail centers or mincing dh uplift days or mincing all day alps rides. ( disclaimer; i am a fat git and slow uphill anyway ).

LoCo
    Free Member

If the CCDB if setup correctly it should work nicely, have fitted various coil shocks on the Spicys with good results

flow
    Free Member

I don’t have a spicy but i stuck a ccdb on my 5 and it transformed the bike, it’s better up ( despite the considerable weight over an rp23 ) and massively better in the rough stuff on the way down. So good in fact I got rid of my other bikes, this thing does everything brilliantly be it mincing round trail centers or mincing dh uplift days or mincing all day alps rides

That can’t be right RJ, you must be making it up 😆

qwerty
    Free Member

of what is this suspension that you talk 😯

SBrock
    Free Member

Does the spicy have have a linkage to manipulate the spring rate in the same way as SC APP bikes?’ I have a Butcher spoke to Simon at Loco about the problem of reaching full travel as my Float ramps up at the end, which it is supposed to do, however I would like t have a bit more travel out of it, Simon suggested some Shims in the Shim stack….. May try that first or would I get a better result going to a coil like a Van R tuned for me and my bike?

robhughes
    Free Member

Yer Yer Yer loco.
    We all know about your witchcraft.
    How many eyes of toad and wings of bat did it take to sort mine out.. 😉

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Why wouldn’t you want to put a CCDB on a Lapierre Spicy 2011?’ is closed to new replies.