Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Why would someone do this? (Rockshox internals question)
  • barrykellett
    Free Member

After servicing a set of revelations and pikes of my own I took the wife's revelations apart to clean the wipers and oil seal etc and replace the oil.

In my own two sets of forks, as expected, the forks when the uppers came out revealed the expected Dust wiper then Foam ring and finally the oil seal/wiper bit.

But on hers, the last bit, the oil seal/wipers etc are nowhere to be seen on either leg. And the foam ring is about twice the size of the normal one and fills up the entire space below the upper dust wiper.

Why?
    I can't find any reference to it in the manuals or service guides etc. It seems a bit wrong and i might order a new full set for the forks anyway, but was wondering if anyone had seen it before

Jimbo
    Free Member

Got the same on mine (2007 Revs), and have heard the same elsewhere. It all fits, nothing leaks, so…bovvered.

boobs

I didn't think the rev's had the seals in from new.

renton
    Free Member

my revelations didnt have oil seals in them and im sure tftuned told me they were all like that??

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Same for my Reba U-Turns.

glenh
    Free Member

There have been changes to the seals and oil rings year to year.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Why would someone do this? (Rockshox internals question)’ is closed to new replies.