Viewing 26 posts - 121 through 146 (of 146 total)
  • Why wont people vote green?
  • aracer
    Free Member

😆 I might not have heard of Noemi Letizia before googling, but I did know what Bunga Bunga referred to!

binners

I thought a Bunga Bunga Party was an event rather than a political grouping, where letcherous old goats did unspeakable things to underage girls? Like the BBC in the 70’s

robbespierre
    Free Member

The Scottish Green Party supports Scottish Independence. – See more at: http://www.scottishgreens.org.uk/independence/#sthash.EzS5UzVM.dpuf

Their other policies are irrelevant.
    I wouldn’t vote for them.

konabunny
    Free Member

Funnily enough it’s mostly non-scientists who have an irrational fear of radiation.

Funnily enough it’s mostly non-mathematicians that write things like that. 😀

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Got a BmedSci, an MSc, an RSS Graduate Diploma in Statistics and my undergraduate laboratory project involved a big **** off radiation gun/thingy. I think I’m alright and I feel completely qualified to make that sweeping statement.

Solo
    Free Member

Cool ^^^ A chart, you’ve got to love a chart.

All I can manage is a meter…

Get it ?

pondo

Only just spotted the edit –

You should be more worried about being killed by a mutant H5N1 virus…. but that’s okay I guess…because it’s uhhhh….natural man.

I’m not particularly bothered about radiation, TBH (certainly not anywhere near as much as I am about running out of fossil fuels). In picking a party to vote for, I kind of have to accept that not every policy they have is 100% aligned with my own beliefs.

nickc

It’s only scary if you choose not to understand it

I understand that when it does go horribly wrong, the consequences are pretty eventful…

squirrelking
    Free Member

Usually in ancient or badly designed reactors…

wwaswas

Usually in ancient or badly designed reactors…

I think the problem is that sooner or later they all become ancient and that the bad designs tend not to be spotted until after it’s all gone pear shaped…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

undergraduate laboratory project involved a big **** off radiation gun/thingy.

meh
    is that all

Edukator
    Free Member

So some here don’t want to do anything to reduce contamination of our environment by agriculture, industry and the energy sector even though we’re killing ourselves. Our kids are twice as likely to get cancer at any given age as we were.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Mike, for me…that was amazeballs, as I’m the type that would accidentally release a zombie virus from a cat 4 lab.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Our kids are twice as likely to get cancer at any given age as we were.

Or now death has a bunch of fancy new names.

dragon
    Free Member

Our kids are twice as likely to get cancer at any given age as we were.

On the plus side they are less likely to die of Polio, infection, diphtheria, measles, smallpox, tetanus, typhoid, TB or a whole host of other diseases.

Trekster

What is the rest of the World doing about these issues?

nickc

Except the science behind ‘da man’ is quite often right

I don’t have an issue with science, I have an issue with ‘how science is deployed in making Mega-corp fantastically wealthy beyond the dreams if avarice whilst paying lip service to regulation and spending as little as possible on safety and whilst at the same time as making loud proclamations about the benefit to mankind of their beneficence, the actual object of the exercise is to enrich their coffers….with scant regard to the consequences of their actions That’ll be what I have an issue with.

pondo

What is the rest of the World doing about these issues?

Outside of GB, I don’t think they can vote for the UK’s Green Party.

hora
    Free Member

BTW Binners, I’m more left than you’d think. I just realised the failings of human nature when it comes to the pull of power, greed and gain.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

johndoh – Member

If you read the content of their manifesto it sounds like they will do everything to make life perfect – cheaper transport and energy, create more jobs, increase the minimum wage, build ‘truly’ affordable housing, scrap the welfare cap, scrap university tuition fees.

Sounds perfect.

No suggestion of how they will do all this save for capping bankers’ bonuses and scrapping the HS2 rail link. That ain’t gonna pay for all those changes.

It really is a testament to success of Thatcherism and neoliberal agenda that some people genuinely believe that the seventh wealthiest nation on earth cannot afford to have affordable transport and energy, anything other than mass unemployment, a decent minimum wage, affordable housing, rent caps instead of welfare caps, and free university education.

And yet funnily enough the seventh wealthiest nation on earth has however a limitless supply of money available when it comes to paying for foreign wars. And there is of course there is a bottomless money pit to pay for updating our weapons of mass destruction, which we are constantly assured we will never need.

So there you have it – don’t vote for change instead be content with some of the highest public transport costs in the world, over two million unemployed, crap minimum wages which have to be subsidized, exorbitant housing costs, exorbitant rents which aren’t covered by housing benefits, and tertiary education which leaves young people with massive debts before they have even embarked on their chosen careers.

And btw before the days of the neoliberal consensus of the Tories, New Labour, and the Lib Dems, the UK had cheap transport and utilities costs, full employment, higher wages, affordable housing, a universal welfare state, and free university education. Funny that.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

chewkw – Member

Voting Green is like voting for monster loony party innit?

Says the man who very sensibly votes UKIP.

binners

BTW Binners, I’m more left than you’d think.

In a frankly weirdly contradictory way, I always think of you as a sort of Jewish Goebbels 😀

Lifer
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

“chewkw – Member

Voting Green is like voting for monster loony party innit?”

Says the man who very sensibly votes UKIP.

Loving the ‘UKIP Carnival’ in Croydon this afternoon. Farcical.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I don’t have an issue with science, I have an issue with ‘how science is deployed in making Mega-corp fantastically wealthy beyond the dreams if avarice whilst paying lip service to regulation and spending as little as possible on safety and whilst at the same time as making loud proclamations about the benefit to mankind of their beneficence, the actual object of the exercise is to enrich their coffers….with scant regard to the consequences of their actions That’ll be what I have an issue with.

You bore me.

It’s people like you that thwart the intentions of biology and make the future a horrible dystopia where people die from diseases that would otherwise have been cured long ago. For some inconceivable reason, people like you hate genetic engineering, cloning, weapon testing on prisoners of war and fun in general. You can’t clone humans. You can’t genetically engineer your kid to have super strength. You can’t kidnap people, remove their stomach, and sew their esophagus to their duodenum. Where will it end?

P.S. Without lots of money from the private sector, we wouldn’t be able to do our work. Considering the public will never want to spend the money to fund science 100 percent publicly. So personally, I quite like GSK and all the other evil corporations (apart from the hiding of unpublished results).

mattsccm
    Free Member

Sod it. You can’t argue with idiots so why bother?

soobalias
    Free Member

seems im a little at odds with their immigration views and their nuclear views, but the rest of the manifesto seems sensibleish

immigration we have little of control of within EU anyway and i cant see that improving (in my view) for the foreseeable.

nuclear – i dont see them having the casting vote.

Viewing 26 posts - 121 through 146 (of 146 total)

The topic ‘Why wont people vote green?’ is closed to new replies.