Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • why does oil come out of +ve and -ve valves ??
  • lotus777
    Free Member

When letting air out of my forks (revelations 2011) when according to the tech manual only grease is used to lubricate the air spring.

teamslug
    Free Member

They will probably have a little bit of oil in to keep the o rings lubed as they slide up and down. Unless its pouring out its quite normal.

slinkybike
    Free Member

Grease becomes oil in use totally normal if it’s super dirty then it time for a service. They come with a heavy o-ring grease on the seals but a little red rum on the top of the postive air piston seal head makes them super slick.

glenh
    Free Member

Air chambers have oil in them to lube the seals. Simples.

lotus777
    Free Member

So when i service the air spring, although the tech manual states to only use grease, should i use oil aswell and if so how much ??

glenh
    Free Member

I’d put a little oil in. All forks I’ve worked on come with oil in the air chambers, and it will work better than grease imo.

As for how much, it’s up to you. You can fine tune your spring rate with oil in the chamber if you like.

Just a dribble to keep it lubricated. A bit more will reduce the volume and make the spring rate more rising (although though too much will limit your travel of course).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘why does oil come out of +ve and -ve valves ??’ is closed to new replies.