• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Why does my tubeless tyre keep losing pressure?
  • ononeorange

I have "inherited" one measly tubless tyre (mavic 719 with a Stan's system, I believe) which has been great but suddenly it deflates over a couple of days. I'm pretty sure it's not "burped" and can find no sign of tears, damage, leaks etc on the outside.

Does the gunky stuff lose its mojo after a year or two, or is something else likely to be needing replacing?

I sense this is basic 12 year-old stuff, but tubeless is up there in the "black magic" category for me along with cooking and maths.

Gooner
    Free Member

i tend to put a couple of capfuls of stans wheel milk (or whatever its called) in each tyre every couple of months as it seems to solidify

FuzzyWuzzy

Sounds like you need to top up the sealant (or maybe even take the tire off, clean it up and re-seal it).

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Gooner – Member

i tend to put a couple of capfuls of stans wheel milk (or whatever its called) in each tyre every couple of months as it seems to solidify

do you clean the old stuff out? if not that will add up quite a lot

ken_shields
    Free Member

Maybe the tyre's not seated properly or got a hole in it that the stan's spooge doesn't seal coz it's gone off.

IMO the Geax stuff stays liquid for longer

Nobby

What FuzzyWuzzy said ^^

nickc

Put an inner in it. Problem solved… 😉

ononeorange

Wow – lots of replies! Thanks guys. As I said, basuic stuff, but I can see I'll be topping it up.

Cheers

tommo999
    Free Member

Out of interest did you inflate it with a CO2 canister or just a track pump?

Solo
    Free Member

Yeah. Where does the dried-out sealant go then ?.

Solo.

glenh
    Free Member

Does the gunky stuff lose its mojo after a year or two

A year or two! It dries up in a few months in my experience.

ononeorange

Sorry – away from the pc for a bit. I've been using a trackpump – it goes up OK but is then flat after a day or two.

DezB
    Free Member

Which sealant?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Why does my tubeless tyre keep losing pressure?’ is closed to new replies.