Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Why do tennis players…
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

“Of” or “me” can’t decide. Very funny though.

kudos100
    Free Member

Rather than shrieking like a woman being attacked, she spouts filth on every serve. Classic.

rocketman
    Free Member

Think the way they treat the ballboys/girls is disgraceful I mean the kids carefully throw balls to the players and they just drop the ones they don’t want so the kids have to pick them up again! And the towels! WTF is all that about it’s just slavery.

If I was a ballboy I’d think f*ck it they can get the balls/towels themselves 🙂

nealglover
    Free Member

How many Majors did you win in your 25 years using the “grunt free” technique ?

Federer won 16. Didn’t do him any harm.

Nobody said it was Essential.

But for some people it obviously works.

It’s certainly not holding them back anyway. So there isn’t an issue.

xiphon
    Free Member

Perhaps it’s also to do with their training – unless they’re fortunate enough to have personal ball-boys (Oo-er!) on hand all the time…

Familiarity with the environment is key, so a ball in the pocket makes them feel ‘at home’ (relaxed?)

druidh
    Free Member

xiphon – Member
    Perhaps it’s also to do with their training – unless they’re fortunate enough to have personal ball-boys (Oo-er!) on hand all the time…

Familiarity with the environment is key, so a ball in the pocket makes them feel ‘at home’ (relaxed?)Going by that BBC article, it appears to be a rule that the player must have a second ball available.

xiphon
    Free Member

Ahhhh

jfletch
    Free Member

Going by that BBC article, it appears to be a rule that the player must have a second ball available.

Sampras never used to take a second ball. Always requested a new one after the first serve if needed. Lots of women do this as well in the absence of a pocket or tight skirt 8O.

Must be a fairly easy rule to get an exemption to.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Why do tennis players…’ is closed to new replies.