Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • why do people watch buy it now eBay auctions
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Got nine watchers on my bin eBay listing

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I do it to find the item more quickly while I’m pondering whether or not to buy.

djglover
    Free Member

You can still gauge a market for something you are planning to sell, by looking at what happened after the end of the ad.

gears_suck
    Free Member

People have their reasons. Don’t worry about it. 🙂

convert

I do it to find the item more quickly while I’m pondering whether or not to buy.

This

sugdenr
    Free Member

Shhhhhh, don’t tell anyone the secrets, if it doesn’t sell you can email the seller and offer him less – because often the expectation of worth has been knocked, esp. if they are an infrequent ebay user.
    Ebay mentality is predicated on a bargain – so 99p start, then with a 7 day auction bidders often invest significant time and emotional buy in to winning the item and whilst sitting around waiting the last 20mins so they don’t miss it now overpay so that someone else doesn’t ‘beat them’ – hence the flurry of bidding that often takes place in the last 2 mins.

khani
    Free Member

Some of them are waiting for it to not sell so they can put a cheeky offer in after..
    Edit, what he ^^^ said.

higthepig
    Free Member

I do it if it is something on an auction and the same item on a buy it now, surprising how many buy at a higher auction price when they could do a buy it now. It is all down to research and not getting carried away by bidding fever.

ska-49
    Free Member

To compare and also to find it faster.

If I fancy something that’s really not necessary I watch it so it stares back at me every time I visit my.ebay. Its got me a few times. Dont complain!

scotroutes

Handy if you want to value an item you plan to sell.

KonaTC

To see what Muppet’s will pay for stuff I’m thinking of buying on the Bay

Northwind

Either a) curious whether it sells because I have one, b) waiting for it to fail to sell so the price drops or c) can’t decide whether to buy (might be something else I’m watching that isn’t BIN)

brakes
    Free Member

:watches rob jackson:

grtdkad
    Free Member

What ska said ^^^

GaryLake
    Free Member

Bookmarking on iphone app innit

ampthill

So I can scan a list of ended auction and succesfull buy it nows to sewe what I might expect to pay for an item

tomaso
    Free Member

To cause the seller to have undue hope and optimism for their sale 😈 muhuhahahahahah!

GolfChick
    Free Member

We listed a buy it now recently and half way through the ten days lowered our price, still no takers, decided to go for auction instead… It sold for more than the original bin price?!

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I’ve even been know to watch classifieds – I’m very indecisive.

As a seller I don’t like the way that even a low bid removes your BIN.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

I don’t get it either, as said above. …

to cause the seller to have undue hope and optimism for their sale muhuhahahahahah!

its almost as if people don’t really want to sell the item, I paid 100 quid for it 20 years ago noway am I selling it for less than 90.

the classic is buyit now but also a starting bid.

been using ebay for years and imo 99p starting bid no reserve gets you waaaay better results. (of course with a few phantom bids)

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

So they can see when you relist it at a lower price?

Often things sell on the second listing for more than the original buy it now – so sometimes it is not best to wait.

mattbee

Because in an effort to curb my terrible spending habits I now watch items rather than bidding or buying and wait for the notification from ebay that it is ending or ponder for a day or so. If I still want it then, I bid/buy.

DezB
    Free Member

To watch the excitement of the bidding war!

footflaps

I often watch BINs just so I can find them quickly again when comparing prices between various sites.

Interestingly, I rarely buy from Ebay now as it no longer seems that cheap anymore..

white101

All of the above

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘why do people watch buy it now eBay auctions’ is closed to new replies.