• This topic has 51 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Why do people stop for a rest or wait for stragglers
  • Pook

unless you're Hora then it would be dangerous not to….

I shout "Rider !" and keep going.
    There's a 95% probability that they are smaller than me* and, as we all know, Mass x Velocity = Right of Way.

*Probably.

hora
    Free Member

If someone shouted 'rider' my first thought would be 'a what'? Second would be 'eh' then 'oh'.

One lad said to me on Sunday 'could you go any slower'? 😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Gets right on my wick when folk block the trail – especially when we are on the tandem – still:

MilitantGraham – Member
    There's a 95% probability that they are smaller than me* and, as we all know, Mass x Velocity = Right of Way.

We have a fair old all up weight:-)

molgrips
    Free Member

As someone who nearly got run over by fellow MTBers after crashing at a trail centre, even at trail centres you should not go so fast you can't stop in the distance you see…

I hit a bloke at Swinley last year. I was enjoying myself hugely ripping along the singletrack, when suddenly there's a bloke coming the other way going at a far more sensible speed. I thought there was going to be a major accident but we somehow managed to avoid each other except my brake lever smacked his little finger drawing a bit of blood. Entirely my fault, and I felt pretty bad about it even though he was ok with it really.

Now I go slow on the really blind bits and I tend to shout 'rider' as I approach stuff just in case. I met someone coming the other way doing the same at night, and I could hear him from miles off. As we passed he mused that it was a bit pointless since we were all lit up like christmas trees anyway and were visible from some distance away.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I get annoyed with 16 stone tubbers blocking the trail….

Which is exactly why I'm doing 1.5 hours every night at almost full pelt..

I don't know that I am rank and arrogant though, just not keen on hurting someone.

hora
    Free Member

Which is exactly why I'm doing 1.5 hours every night at almost full pelt..

Good for you. Lollipop?

joolsburger
    Free Member

Don't eat sweets mate. 😛

hora
    Free Member

Ah, Banana? 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Edit- Actually that picture implies Im coming onto you 😯

joolsburger
    Free Member

It's cos I'm losing weight isn't it!!!

DezB
    Free Member

People who stop in the middle of the trail are the same as the ones that block the shopping aisle with their trolley and then swing round AS IF THEY ARE THE ONLY PERSON IN THE F(&*ING WORLD.
    Ignorant. Thoughtless.
    I wish I could be like that, but my brain works properly.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Why do people stop for a rest or wait for stragglers’ is closed to new replies.