Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Why can’t I stay logged in?
  • Simon

As title, for the last few days when I come to view the forum I have to log back in. Everytime I’ve deleted cookies but it keeps happening.
    Using chrome on a Pixel 5.

MSP

The “stay logged in” tickbox was an April fools joke in 2011 that no one has removed yet.

TheFlyingOx

Poopscoop

Getting this a lot today.

I’ll try deleting cookies.

Pixel 6 on chrome.

orena45

I was getting this a lot recently (there was another recent short thread about people having this issue).

Seems to have been sorted since I clicked on the ‘Log in/cookies issues?’ link at the very bottom of this page 👇 so worth a try if you haven’t clicked on it yet 👌

kayak23

I was getting it a lot the last few days.
    Adding my login info seemed to trigger ‘submit’ automatically so I wasn’t able to even tick the keep me logged in box.

I then tried ticking the keep me logged in box first but that also triggered an auto-submit and then shouting at me for not entering my details.

Seemed to work eventually.
    Pixel 3a

thenorthwind

I’m having this problem on my phone (Android 8, Chrome). Tried cookies, can’t see a “login/cookies issue” link anywhere. Getting annoying now. Anything I can do?

stwhannah

Have you pressed the ‘keep me logged in’ button before you’ve entered your login details?

AdamT

I never used to have this problem but now have it frequently, so I suspect something’s changed (I appreciate this could be OS, browser etc, not necessarily with the site)

13thfloormonk

Have you pressed the ‘keep me logged in’ button before you’ve entered your login details?

This fixed it for me, and fixed the same issue I had with Strava (I still log in to the desktop page as the route planner is better)

thenorthwind

@stwhannah I had, but have tried again post cookie binge and it seems to be working. Thanks 🙂

spxxky
    Free Member

Seriously, I’m convinced that the ST website is running on a home PC! It’s so slow, times out continuously and does weird things.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

This fixed it for me and I felt a complete twerp for not trying it but the UI is counter intuitive (or that’s what I tell myself anyway).

AdamT

Pressing the button first worked for me too and yes, it’s totally counter intuitive

mandog

and me.

Mark

Several weeks ago we made a change to the way accounts log in. I’m keen to know if people have noticed a difference in regards to being logged in.

Mugboo

My android phone wouldn’t stay logged in but has done since last week.
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>There is a difference though between viewing the forum on my phone or Chromebook. On the phone there are videos that play automatically.</p>

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.