Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Why can't I ride…
  • maxtorque

whatnobeer
    don’t try to break too much

^^ good advice no matter the specific spelling 😆

whatnobeer
    Free Member

^^ good advice no matter the specific spelling

D’oh! Wish I’d followed my own advice yesterday as I braked too much going over a dusty rock slab, immediately washed out and ended up breaking my phone 🙁

wrecker
    Free Member

Every time I’ve had troubles like these, I’ve had to force myself to think differently in terms of line choice.
    The safe option often seems to be going “low”, but the better choice can be the higher scarier (but straighter) line. Waffling a bit, but it worked for me.

chiefgrooveguru

Amedias, I’d like to thank you for the “Heisenberg trail” concept – it all seems a lot easier when I think of it like that!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Thing with these ones is they are so narrow there isn’t really a high or low line, just one very narrow one. Any deviation results in a face full of pine branches, the only way through the very recently cut trail where the branches at and below head height have, er, fallen off.

chiefgrooveguru

Mr Ape, it’s like that on many of our most gnarly trails but there’s still a surprising amount of room for the tyres to skitter/slide/drift and still keep you heading in the right direction and out of the trees. Just need to trust in that…

thegreatape
    Free Member

Aye maybe. I’ll go back up there tomorrow, I’m sure it’ll be better than yesterday 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Why can't I ride…’ is closed to new replies.