Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • why am I so fat ?
  • richieokeefe1
    Free Member

I ride 2 to 3 times a week about 20 miles a time if not more ..my riding is always xc based so I go up hills etc but I still have a belly !

Richie

Jammy111
    Free Member

eat less?

jam-bo

To many pies.

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

if I eat less I feel weak …maybe drink more water ?

TheSwede
    Free Member

Cut what you eat in half. Continue to exercise and shazam. You will lose weight. It sucks though. be fat and happy. Like Sheldon. 😀

carlosg
    Free Member

if you had a belly to start with it will be the last bit you lose. Try to find some exercises that target that area and daft as it sounds massage the fat regularly.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Can-You-Break-Up-Abdominal-Fat-by-Massage?&id=1344648

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

will have a go at this cheers guys 🙂

reggiegasket
    Free Member

road bike

ahwiles
    Free Member

what kind of rubbish do you eat?

what’re you’re drinking habits?

if you live on a diet of pizza and curry, and regularly drink 5+ pints in a night, i think we might be a step closer to an answer/solution…

the simplest solution is to stop fretting about it you big metrosexual ponce you. real men have guts, and hairy backs, and athlete’s foot. in the image of god we were created…

swavis

Change what you eat so you still feel full but what your eating is lower in fat?
    It’s what I’m trying to do anyway 😉

Edit- beaten to it by ahwiles

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

road bike
    Please explain.

brownix
    Free Member

Long slow cardio burns as much muscle as it burns fat, So if you want to become smaller around the waist I would suggest cutting your calories by about 500 a day, and Do high intensity training (HIIT) such as sprinting up hills, repeat this about 3 times a week, and about 5 reps with about 1 min rest in between each sprint.
    It may kill you but at least you will lose fat because it sets your metabolism up for the day if you do it in the morning and also it burns more fat and improves your muscle.

ahwiles
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock – Member

road bike
    Please explain.

on a 2hr mountain bike ride at least 1h 15mins will be spent taking photo’s/waiting for mates/picking up conkers/skipping stones/eating snacks etc.

on a 2 hour road ride you’ll be riding for 2hours.

that’s how i do it anyway.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

on a 2hr mountain bike ride at least 1h 15mins will be spent taking photo’s/waiting for mates/picking up conkers/skipping stones etc.

on a 2 hour road ride you’ll be riding for 2hours.

Awesome, i’ve often wondered.

So, answer me this, if I go out on the HT on the road for say, 2 hours, & ride solid for 2 hours, would I expend less, more, or about the same energy than If I did the same on a road bike?

brownix
    Free Member

I would say less, as you are going slower and less likely to push it as on a road bike.
    IMO

ahwiles
    Free Member

hmm, not sure, the more upright position of the HT (vs a road bike) will let you see more opportunities for conker-collecting/stone-skipping/funny-photo’s-you-can put-on-facebook, i think the temptation to indulge would be too much for one to resist.

_tom_
    Free Member

I would say less, as you are going slower and less likely to push it as on a road bike.

Agreed. Riding my ht mtb on road is not the same as riding a proper road bike. For starters the position is horrible and just makes you feel like not pushing as hard as it doesn’t seem worth it.

ahwiles
    Free Member

in principle, the harder / less efficient something is, the more effort you expend, the more effective it should be as exercise.

really, we should be dragging old car tyres behind us to increase our effort.

actually, we would find this very demoralising, you’d have to be some kind of self-hating nutter to sustain this for more than 5minutes.

there’s something just so fantastically efficient and satisfying about propelling a road-bike that you just want to keep going further and faster.

seosamh77
    Free Member

i’m fat cause i enjoy eating more than i should and don’t exercise enough to burn off the excess calories, come on it’s not that hard to figure out! 😀

aracer
    Free Member

So, answer me this, if I go out on the HT on the road for say, 2 hours, & ride solid for 2 hours, would I expend less, more, or about the same energy than If I did the same on a road bike?

If you cover the same course you’ll burn more 😉

dr_death
    Free Member

daft as it sounds massage the fat regularly.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Can-You-Break-Up-Abdominal-Fat-by-Massage?&id=1344648

So many mistakes in that article it’s difficult to know where to start…..

Bullshit, pure bullshit

Jeffus
    Free Member

I am the same richieokeefe1 .I ride 2 -3 times a week but eat so much crap, so still have a belly, my moto what goes in goes on 😀

singlespeedstu

be fat and happy. Like Sheldon.

Don’s not fat, he’s just not tall enought for his waist size. 😆

69er
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock – Member
    road bike
    Please explain.

Edit: FIXED road bike and rolling terrain. You can’t stop pedalling / resisting / honking / spinning.

You’re always in the wrong gear. Perfect!

_tom_
    Free Member

Fixed is terrible, I can’t stand it.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Single Speed Road bike then, or just road bike as you do ride all the time, none of this freewheeling/pumping type stuff, just pedal pedal pedal and then some.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

plenty of low to mid intesity road miles and a healthy diet will see it all fall off.

There’s plenty of info on the web/mags to explain all this and I’ve got stuff to do…

Kevevs
    Free Member

embrace the belly! belly power!

tazzymtb

I gave up with diets and can no longer see my gentlemans vegetables or feet, but I’m a happy fat slow mincer so who cares

emac65
    Free Member

You’re not riding hard enough then,less chat – more blat… 8)

RealMan
    Free Member

Ride faster.

EDIT: beaten to it.

But going up hills doesn’t make you lose weight. Going up hills quickly makes you lose weight.

derp
    Free Member

less chat – more blat..

Less feed – more speed..

loddrik
    Free Member

I’m a fat **** as I eat terribly and don’t exerise enough (due to kids), when I have more time to exercise I’ll still be a fat ****, but hey ho..

Solo
    Free Member

iDave.

Low Gi.

4 hour body

HIIT

BLah, blah…..

MTFU

🙄

emac65
    Free Member

Less feed – more speed..

You can eat pretty much what you like if you put the effort into it…..

donsimon
    Free Member

iDave diet.

tazzymtb

atkins diet

singlespeedstu

tazzymtb – Member

I gave up with diets and can no longer see my gentlemans vegetables

Not even with two mirrors?

We all know you’re just trying to look like wokboy. 😉

tazzymtb

I haven’t got so big that my top tube needs an extra brace yet though, maybe I’m not doing it correctly 😀

gothandy

Racing weight is a good read, and he backs up most opinions with solid research findings. Only got half way through it so far but has had plenty of helpful stuff so far.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘why am I so fat ?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM