Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • WHY 2K? Full-suspension bikes under £2000 test
  • Ben_Haworth

Benji and Rhys look at the world of £2k full suspension bikes. Can a good ride be had at this price?

By ben_haworth

Get the full story on our front page at:

https://singletrackworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/why-2k-full-suspension-bikes-under-2000-test/

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

snotrag

Good to see articles like this.

Despite having owned many much fancier bikes both before and after, I still have fond memories of my Boardman Pro FS:

Pro FS

Which I do recall, with some sale pricing and clever use of BC membership discounts came in at around £900 brand new. It had a Pike, 4 pot brakes, and 1×11 GX with an XD compatible hub. It had a slot for an internal dropper cable too, so that was the obvious first upgrade.

More so than the infamous Bossnut Calibre, I think this bike was “peak value”. They were really popular with STW forum readers too.

DickBarton

Yeah, there are a lot of nice bikes at this price point…there are several being ridden by the riders at coaching sessions – and they seem perfectly capable. They look nice as well.

chrismac

Great to see. I think I would be looking at second hand at that price range. There are some great deals around

fazzini

You can get a Specialized Stumpjumper Alloy for under £2k….and from an LBS too

hooli

Great to see. I think I would be looking at second hand at that price range. There are some great deals around

I’d agree if buying a bike for me but don’t forget for people who don’t know a lot about bikes buying a 2nd hand bike is scary, especially a 2nd had full suss as there is a lot that can be wrong with it and it can get expensive to fix if you cant do it yourself.

There must be a good market in this sort of price range for teenagers getting a first “decent” bike and people picking up the hobby.

stwhannah

Some useful pointers for those looking at the second hand market: https://singletrackworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/how-to-buy-a-second-hand-mountain-bike/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.